I’m back with more gift giving ideas. This time, I’ve compiled a gift list for the home chef in your life.
To suit every budget, I have listed different price levels: budget, gourmet, and luxury for each of the items. Also, in (parenthesis) is the retailer who carries the item. Everything is available online, too!
Pro-quality Chef’s Knives (Sur La Table)
Every home chef needs at least one professional quality all-purpose knife in their arsenal!
- Budget: Zwilling Pro 7” $50
- Gourmet: Wusthof Classic Ikon 8” $120
- Luxury: Bob Kramer by Zwilling 8” Damascus $400
Cast Iron Dutch Oven/Coquette
I use my Staub cast iron cookware at least weekly. It’s ideal for making spaghetti sauce, soup, or roasting chicken and beef. The 4-5 qt is best for all-purpose use. If your home chef already has this size, the brasier in 3 qt is my second most used size.
- Budget: Lodge Cast Iron, 5 qt. $30 (Target)
- Moderate: Staub, 4 qt. $100 (Sur La Table)
Stainless Steel Saucier (Sur La Table)
Having a saucier pan really makes a difference when making sauces. The flared sides help the sauce to thicken better.
- Budget: Sur La Table Saucier, 2 qt. $80
- Gourmet: Demeyer Saucier, 2qt, $200
- Luxury: Jacques Pépin Limited Edition 1.9-qt. Sauteuse with Chef’s Lid by Mauviel, $450
InstaPot and cookbook
This is great kitchen appliances to have, especially those pressed for space or time in the kitchen. It works as a pressure cooker, slow cooker, and rice cooker all-in-one!
- Duo $120 (Williams-Sonoma)
- Ultra $150 (Sur La Table)
- Cookbook $23 (Amazon)
I have yet to spring for a gourmet or pro blender, I’m still using a Ninja. But, I think I will have to step up my game with a Vitamix soon!
- Budget: Ninja Pro System BL 770, $150 (Amazon)
- Gourmet: Vitamix E310 Explorian, $300 (Sur La Table)
- Luxury: Kitchen Aid Pro Line Copper Blender, $1000 (Sur La Table)
Having copper cookware is my dream! I have a budget-friendly set listed, but have you seen the Mauviel (shown above)? They are works of art!
- Budget Gourmet: Cuisinart Copper Tri-Ply 8 pc. Set, $300 (Sur La Table)
- Luxury/Heriloom: Mauviel 12 pc Cookware Set, $1900 (Williams-Sonoma)
This is that appliance that you never really think about owning, but it is so useful! We bought it to use during out kitchen reno and it has come in handy on so many occasions. Who can’t use an extra, portable burner for parties, holidays, or when it’s too hot indoors to cook?
Budget: Nuwave2 Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner, $70 (Amazon)