This feta red pepper dip has a rich flavor and creamy consistency, making it fantastic for dipping or spreading onto crackers, flat bread, or rustic Dutch oven sourdough. With smoky roasted red peppers and salty Greek feta cheese, this simple feta dip tastes amazing, and is always popular at parties.
Looking for a delicious and easy dip recipe? Look no further than this roasted red pepper feta dip! This dip is creamy, smoky, and salty with the perfect balance of flavors. It’s perfect as an appetizer with naan, pita, or vegetables for dipping. Or, enjoy it as a spread on fresh bread, a sandwich, or wrap.
No matter how you serve it, this Greek feta dip is sure to be a hit!
Content Covered Here
Why We Love Feta Red Pepper Dip
- So Easy To Whip Up!
If you’re looking for an easy appetizer recipe, this roasted red pepper feta dip is it! This Mediterranean-inspired dip comes together in just minutes and is perfect for any occasion. Whether you use it as a dip or a spread, it delivers on taste!
- Mild But Still Packed With Flavor
This feta dip recipe is inspired by Htipiti, a traditionally spicy Mediterranean roasted red pepper dip. But this is made with mild red peppers (bell peppers) for a family-friendly whipped feta dip appetizer that everyone will love.
- Enjoy As Dip Or Spread
Greek/Middle eastern (mild htipiti) sauce is flavorful and perfect for dipping or spreading. The roasted red peppers give the feta dip a beautiful smoky flavor, while the feta and cream cheese add a rich and creamy texture.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Red bell pepper – You can use store-bought roasted red peppers if you want, but we like roasting our own.
- Cheese – Block feta cheese is better to use in a cheese dip because it is smoother and creamier than crumbled feta.
- Whipped cream cheese – This gives the dip a bit of extra flavor and creaminess. You can use regular cream cheese as well but it won’t be as creamy.
- Olive oil – adds richness and depth of flavor to the dip. You can also use other types of oil like avocado oil or coconut oil. However, olive oil has the best flavor.
- Garlic – is a delicious addition to this recipe and adds flavor to the cheese.
- Lemon juice – adds a bit of acidity and keeps the creamy dip fresh.
- Dried thyme – This is the perfect herb to pair with feta cheese so it’s really worth adding to this dip recipe. You can also use any other herbs you like such as oregano or parsley.
Feta Dip Recipe – Tips for Success
- Steam the pepper until the charred outside falls right off.
Char the red pepper on each side over a gas flame. Or broil the pepper in the oven. Let it char on each side until it has charring spots on the skin.
Put the pepper in a heat-resistant bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Let it steam for 10 minutes. When the pepper is cool to the touch, scrape off the blackened outside. Remove the stem and seeds.
Chop the pepper’s soft red flesh into small pieces and set it aside until you are ready to use it.
2. Use a fresh block of feta cheese.
Block feta whips into a smoother, creamier dip than crumbled feta.
3. Puree ingredients with food processor for super smooth dip.
Put the feta, cream cheese, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and thyme into the bowl of a food processor. Puree until it is smooth and creamy.
What to Serve With Greek Feta Dip
This easy recipe is perfect for any occasion! Serve it as an appetizer or savory snack with:
- Pita chips
- Toasted French bread or sourdough French bread
- Naan or any other flatbread
- Vegetables like carrots, celery, and cucumber
Get more appetizer recipes!
Check out our loaded tater tot appetizer for your next game day party. Another delicious and popular savory snack idea is stuffed jalapeno poppers.
Or, if you want another holiday-worthy cheese dip, make this baked camembert and bread appetizer!
Storing and Reheating Leftover Dip
Your cheese dip should keep for up to four days in the fridge. Store it in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out too much.
Reheating is easy. Simply microwave it for 30-60 seconds or until heated through.
You can also freeze your feta cream cheese dip for up to two months. Let it thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating. You may need to stir it a bit, to recombine the ingredients.
- Spicier Flavor– Add a pinch of cayenne pepper, a teaspoon of smoked paprika, a roasted jalapeno, or even a little curry powder.
Feta Red Pepper Dip Recipe FAQ
Avoid over-whipping the cream cheese as that can cause it to become runny. Also, be sure to use a block of fresh feta cheese for a thick and creamy consistency.
Absolutely! Roasted peppers that are sold in jars are usually in olive oil. So, you may want to pat them dry with paper toweling before using them.
Feta Red Pepper Dip
- food processor - or blender
- serving bowl
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 8 ounces feta cheese cut into cubes
- ¼ cup whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic smashed and peeled
- ½ lemon juiced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- If you have a gas stove, turn it to medium heat and place the red pepper directly on the grate. Char the pepper until blackened on each side – about 2 minutes per side.
- If you don’t have a gas stove, turn the oven broiler on high and place the red pepper about 6” away from the broiler. Char it on each side until blackened – about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the pepper and place it in a heatproof bowl. Cover it with plastic wrap. Allow the pepper to steam for 10 minutes.
- When the pepper is cool to the touch, scrape off the charred skin and remove the stem and seeds. Chop the remaining soft red flesh of the pepper into small pieces and set aside until ready to use.
- Add the feta, cream cheese, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and thyme to the bowl of a food processor or blender and puree until smooth and creamy – about 2 minutes. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Next add the chopped roasted red peppers and pulse until the peppers are your desired size.
- Serve this dip with pita bread, crackers, naan, or vegetables. Or use it as a spread for bread, sandwiches, or wraps.
- Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
- You can use store-bought jarred roasted red peppers if you like. Drain them before using.
- Block feta whips into a smoother, creamier dip than crumbled feta.
- Whipped cream cheese adds a bit of extra tanginess and creaminess to the dip. If you need to use traditional cream cheese, let it come to room temperature before using.