This Chex Mix with M&Ms recipe is the perfect fall trail mix snack for this holiday season’s events and parties or anytime!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost to you. See my disclosure policy here.
Do you love Chex mix? How about Chex mix with M&Ms? This fall trail mix recipe is perfect for snacking, game days, tailgating, treat bags, or Halloween parties. It’s easy to make, and everyone will love it!
Perfect Snack Mix for Holiday Season
With the holidays quickly approaching, it’s the perfect time to make this Chex mix recipe with M&Ms.
Especially this fall season, Chex mix with M&Ms is the perfect recipe to make. It’s a fun twist on the classic Chex mix, combined with everyone’s favorite candy – M&Ms.
We love the combination of Chex cereal, pretzels, nuts, and peanut M&Ms in this recipe. It’s the perfect mix of a sweet and salty snack, and it’s so addicting!
This Chex mix is perfect for snacking but also great for game days and tailgating. It’s also perfect for filling treat bags or Halloween party favors.
This fall trail mix is also perfect for taking along on a hike or enjoying an after-school snack.
The best part about this fall Chex mix recipe is that it’s super easy to make. Simply mix the ingredients in a large bowl, and then enjoy!
Chex Mix Ingredients
- Chex™ cereal – I like using Cinnamon or Corn Chex™ cereal
- Buttery Toffee Popcorn – I like using Crunch ‘n Munch
- Teddy Grahams – I used a mix of golden and chocolate
- Peanut M&Ms (M and Ms) – look for seasonal varieties
- Pretzel grids or twists
- Mini seasonal candies – pumpkins, jelly beans, sweet tarts, or holiday mixes (Brachs makes different varieties)
Equipment Used for this Party Mix with m&ms
How to Make Chex mix with M&Ms
Pour. In a large bowl, pour all the ingredients.
Mix. Gently stir until everything is evenly mixed.
Serve. Serve immediately or store in a large airtight container or gallon Ziplock bag.
- Add in some mini chocolate or white chocolate chips
- Try using different kinds of Chex cereal (honey, chocolate, or peanut butter)
- Switch up the M&Ms for another type of candy (Reese’s Pieces, Skittles, or Starbursts)
- Use a combination of pretzels and crackers (Ritz, Cheez-Its, or Goldfish)
- Christmas Chex Mix recipe– swap Peanut M&Ms with some red & green M&Ms and add mini candy canes.
- Chex mix with peanuts – use cocktail peanuts instead of the M&Ms
- Chex mix with cheerios – swap for Teddy Grahams
- Chex mix with honey peanuts – swap honey peanuts for peanut M&Ms
- Chex mix with Cheez-Its – swap Cheez-its for pretzels
How to Serve Chex Mix with M&Ms
Serve Chex mix in bowls or in an airtight container like a glass jar. I like to use small plastic cups for individual servings.
You can also put Chex mix in treat bags or easy grab-and-go snacks for parties.
This party mix with M&M’s will stay fresh for up to two weeks in an airtight container or in a gallon Ziplock bag so that you can easily shake it up and mix everything together before serving.
Personally, I like to keep this in a large, clear glass airtight container with a decorative scoop to let everyone help themselves.
Frequently Asked Questions
Chex mix is a great alternative to chips because it’s made with whole grain cereal and has less fat and sodium than chips.
This will stay fresh for up to two weeks in an airtight container or Ziplock bag.
No, this does not need to be refrigerated. Just store it in an airtight container or Ziplock bag at room temperature.
Get the Full Chex Mix Recipe with M&Ms Here
Chex Mix with M and Ms
- large mixing bowl
- large air tight storage container or gallon Ziplock bag
- 6 cups Chex™ cereal (I like using Cinnamon or Corn Chex™ cereal)
- 10 ounces (1 box) Buttery Toffee Popcorn (I like using Crunch 'n Munch)
- 10 ounces (1 box) Teddy Grahams (I use a mix of golden and chocolate)
- 2 cups Peanut M & M (M and Ms) (look for seasonal varieties)
- 2 cups Pretzel grids or twists
- Mini seasonal candies (pumpkins, jelly beans, sweet tarts, or holiday mixes) (Brachs makes different varieties)
- Mix everything together in a large bowl.
- Store in an air-tight container at room temperature. This will keep fresh for up to 2 weeks.