This party mix recipe uses Chex Mix with M&Ms and crunchy treats for the best snack to share with friends and family. It’s perfect for snacking, game days, tailgating, treat bags, or parties. Keep a jar of this on your counter for everyone to enjoy!
Content Covered Here
Why We Love This Party Mix Recipe
No matter what time of year it is, everyone loves snacking on this tasty party mix with Chex M&Ms. With it mixed at the ready, it’s always ready to take a bag on a hike or to the park, or for the kids to enjoy as an after-school snack.
And, it’s the perfect recipe to keep on hand since it only takes 5 minutes to mix up. Simply mix the ingredients in a large bowl, and then enjoy!
We love the combination of Chex cereal, pretzels, nuts, and peanut candies. It’s the ideal combination of sweet and salty, and it’s so addicting!
- Chex™ cereal – I like using Cinnamon or Corn Chex™ cereal
- Buttery Toffee Popcorn – I like using Crunch ‘n Munch
- Teddy Grahams – I used a mix of golden and chocolate
- Peanut M and Ms – look for seasonal varieties
- Pretzel grids or twists
Swap Any of the above for these:
- Add in mini seasonal candies – pumpkins, jelly beans, sweet tarts, or holiday mixes (Brach’s makes different seasonal varieties)
- Mix in mini chocolate or white chocolate chips
- Use different types of Chex cereal (honey, chocolate, or peanut butter)
- Swap out the M&Ms for another type of candy like Reese’s Pieces, Skittles, or Starbursts
- Use a combination of pretzels and crackers like Ritz, Cheez-Its, or Goldfish
Equipment Used for this Party Mix Recipe
Renae Recommends These Bowls, Canister, AND SCOOPS:
3 Easy Prep Steps
- Pour. In a large bowl, pour all the ingredients.
- Mix. Gently stir until everything is evenly mixed.
- Serve. Store in a large airtight container, like a clear canister on the counter, or a large Ziplock bag.
Serve Chex mix in a big bowl for parties or in an airtight container like a glass jar. For kids parties, I like to use small clear or colorful plastic cups for individual servings.
You can also put Chex mix in treat bags or easy grab-and-go snacks for parties.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m not sure if it’s “healthier” but Chex mix with M&Ms is a good alternative to chips because it’s made with whole grain cereal and has less fat and sodium than chips.
This will stay fresh for up to two weeks in an container that seals or a Ziplock bag at room temperature.
No, this does not need to be refrigerated. Just store it in an sealed container or Ziplock bag at room temperature.
Chex Party Mix Recipe with M&Ms
- large mixing bowl
- large air tight storage container or gallon Ziplock bag
- 6 cups Chex™ cereal (I like Cinnamon or Corn Chex™ cereal)
- 10 ounces (1 box) Buttery Toffee Popcorn (I used Crunch 'n Munch)
- 10 ounces (1 box) Teddy Grahams (I used a mix of golden and chocolate)
- 2 cups peanut M & M (M and Ms) (look for fun seasonal colors)
- 2 cups pretzel grids or twists
- Mini seasonal candies (pumpkins, jelly beans, sweet tarts, or holiday mixes) (Brachs makes different varieties)
- Mix everything together in a large bowl.
- Store in an air-tight container at room temperature. It will keep fresh for up to 2 weeks.
This post originally published on 9/21/22, was last updated on 2/17/23.