This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Kids and adults alike will love crispy, crunchy Corn Pops treats as a fun alternative to traditional Rice Crispy treats. Puffed corn cereal adds a sweet new kick to your classic marshmallow treats recipe. And they are perfect for packaging in individual wrappers for Halloween, birthday parties, potlucks, craft fairs, over the holidays, and more! Feel free to get creative and make these marshmallow snacks with your favorite cereal.
Homemade Corn Pops Marshmallow Treats
Who doesn’t have fond memories of munching on sticky, crunchy Rice Crispy treats as a kid? Sweet little marshmallow cereal squares were one of my favorite after school snacks, and I am sure my children do and grandchildren will say the same thing.
This recipe puts a fun twist on those classic squares by swapping puffed rice cereal for Corn Pops. The result is a crunchier and sweeter snack that is perfect for sharing with others at holidays, parties, and casual get togethers. I love shaping them into cereal balls and turning into a fall-themed treats.
Enjoy marshmallow treats for breakfast or anytime of the day by making with your favorite cereal and just a few pantry staples!
What Ingredients You Need for this Corn Pops Snack
Just like traditional Rice Crispy treats, this Corn Pops recipe only requires 3 simple ingredients.
All you need is…
- Corn Pops
That’s it! Within minutes, you will have a Corn Pops snack ready to serve. Keep reading for suggestions of other ingredients to include in your cereal treat balls.
How to Make Easy Corn Pop Treats
This no-bake recipe only takes about 20 minutes, and can even be made a day or so before the party.
As shown in the photos, these corn pop treats are lovely when presented as “candy apples” with sticks for handy eating. Serving them individually wrapped makes for an even more festive presentation, and perfect for enjoying on the go!
Here’s how to make homemade marshmallow cereal ball treats:
- Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan. Then add the mini marshmallows and stir until they are melted. It will be very sticky!
- Next, mix in the cereal.
- Using clean, lightly buttered hands, carefully shape the cereal into balls. Allow to cool on a plate, and then insert wooden sticks.
While this Corn Pops snack tastes the freshest when enjoyed the day they are made, you can store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days and they’ll still be deliciously crunchy and sweet.
Below is the Full Corn Pops Marshmallow Treats Recipe!
Other Variations of Marshmallow Cereal Treats
Swap out Corn Pops with other popular cereals for a fun twist on this recipe. You of course can make classic Rice Crispy treats, but also try Fruity Pebbles, Fruit Loops, Cocoa Puffs, Lucky Charms, or any dry crunchy cereal.
Make them into balls or cereal bars – and for an extra indulgent treat, dip them in or drizzle them with chocolate ganache.
You can also add other goodies to my easy Corn Pops recipe… Try mixing in:
- Reeses Pieces
- Mini pretzels
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips or peanut butter chips
- Dark chocolate chunks
- Raw or roasted nuts, like almonds or peanuts
This recipe is great for making with the kids and letting them get creative. Leave a comment with what different sweet marshmallow cereal snacks you and the family come up with!
Although the ingredients might lead you to believe they are, Corn Pops are actually not truly vegan.
The Vitamin D is said to be derived from lanolin, the oil on sheep’s wool. In addition, this recipe uses butter, although you could substitute a dairy-free butter.
No, Corn Pops contain wheat. For a gluten-free cereal substitution, use Cheerios or Honey-Nut Cheerios.
Yes, you can use your favorite plant-based butter substitute. If you don’t want to use a dairy alternative, I would recommend coconut oil.
Get the Corn Pops Recipe Here:
Corn Pops Treat Recipe⠀
- 8 thin wooden dowels or ice cream sticks
- stock pot
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 16 oz mini-marshmallows (16 oz = 1 bag)
- 8 cups Kellogg’s® Corn Pops® cereal
- 1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2. Add Corn Pops cereal. Stir until well coated. Using clean, buttered hands, grab a handful size of cereal and shape into a ball.
- Let cool, then insert wooden stick.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Try these other easy snack recipes that kids love:
- Monkey Bread Quick & Easy
- Blueberry Hand Pies Recipe
- Oatmeal Cookies Like Your Mom Made
- Tasty Pumpkin Spice Twist