As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost to you. See my disclosure policy here.
Learn the secrets for making the best version of that classic M&M cookies original recipe that we all know and love. It is perfect for baking a batch of crispy, chewy, wonderfully sweet, and crunchy homemade cookies that the whole family will enjoy. Keep reading for the easy (and kid-friendly!) steps to make the original M&M cookie recipe from the bag.
WHAT’S COVERED IN THIS POST
- Classic M&M Cookies Original Recipe
- Ingredients You Need to Make Homemade M&M Cookies
- How to Make the Original M&M Cookie Recipe from the Bag
- Get the Full Original M&M Cookie Recipe From the Bag Below!
- Frequently Asked Questions
- If you love cookies, you’ll love these COokie Recipes
- the (BEST) Original M&M Cookie Recipe
- Try These Other Sweet Kid-Friendly Dessert Recipes
Classic M&M Cookies Original Recipe
These kid-friendly M&M candies cookies are so very classic.
They’re soft, slightly chewy on the inside, and crisp on the outside cookies loaded with crunchy, chocolatey M and Ms. Every bite is a treat within a treat!
This is the original M&M cookie recipe from the bag, nothing fancy and totally tasty. It includes just a handful of simple ingredients and few key steps for making foolproof M and M cookies every time.
The little ones will have a blast baking these treats with you, and you’ll love feeling like a kid again as you enjoy fresh, homemade M&M cookies together.
Ingredients You Need to Make Homemade M&M Cookies
Most of the ingredients included in this homemade M&M cookies recipe are basic baking staples. Plus, of course, M and M candies – or whatever combination of goodies you’d like to include. (Keep reading for sweet ideas!)
To make the best original M&M cookie recipe you need:
How to Make the Original M&M Cookie Recipe from the Bag
These sweet and crispy M and M cookies only take 30 minutes to make from start to finish. Perfect for those short attention spans *wink*.
To make the best M&M cookies original recipe follow these simple steps:
Then, in a large mixing bowl beat together the sugars and softened butter with an electric mixer. As you cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, scrape the bowl down with a spatula. Add the eggs and vanilla and continue to beat until creamy.
Turn mixer down to LOW before adding the flour mixture to the mixing bowl, mixing in until it’s just blended. You don’t want to overwork the batter or your cookies will wind up flat. Next, use a wooden spoon to gently fold in half of the M&M candies.
Use a tablespoon or scoop to drop scoopfuls of batter onto the prepared baking sheets. Make sure you give each cookie a good bit of space (or use this marked Silpat sheet) and keep them a couple of inches apart. Bake for just about 10-12 minutes until no longer raw and are slightly brown around the edges.
Remove the cookies from the oven, and let them rest for about 5 minutes. Then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. Immediately (gently) press the remaining half of the MM candies into the tops of the baked cookies before they begin to cool and are still soft.
Get the Full Original M&M Cookie Recipe From the Bag Below!
Frequently Asked Questions
While baking the M and M candies will crack and melt a bit. So, to make sure your cookies have a nice presentation with whole candies, it is recommended that you add half of the M&Ms after baking but before the cookies are cooled. See the complete M&M cookies original recipe steps below for the full steps!
Feel free to swap traditional M and M candies with other treats, or mix 1/2 and 1/2 of original candies plus your choice of peanut M&Ms, peanut butter M&Ms, chocolate chips, or chocolate chips.
These cookies will keep well for up to 3 days at room temperature if stored in an airtight container. Although, I’ve never known them to last that long around our house.
M and M cookies are great to freeze, too! To keep the freshest I recommend you first wrap the cookies individually with plastic wrap and then store them together in an airtight freezer bag for up to 3 months.
If you love cookies, you’ll love these COokie Recipes
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cookies
- Oatmeal Cookies Like Your Mom Made
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Spring Sugar Cookies with Pastel M&Ms
the (BEST) Original M&M Cookie Recipe
M & M Cookies (original recipe)
- Baking Sheet or cookie sheet
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated cane sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups M&Ms reserve 1 cup for decorating
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set bowl aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars together with an electric or stand mixer until light and fluffy. Scraping down the sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until creamy.
- Turn the speed of the mixer to low and add flour mixture just until blended. Gently stir in 1 cups of M&Ms by hand with a spoon *see notes*.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons (or with a small scoop) onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake cookies in the middle rack of the oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown around the edges, and just set in the center.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire rack. Gently press in remaining cup of M&Ms into cookies before cooling *see notes*.
M and M cookies are great to freeze, too! To keep the freshest I recommend you first wrap the cookies individually with plastic wrap, and then store together in an airtight freezer bag for up to 3 months.