Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers are the perfect game-day appetizer whether you’re prepping for the big game or the next holiday party. Mini sweet peppers are stuffed with savory seasonings and cream cheese for the ultimate melty dish. Get ready to change the way you think about finger food!
Want even more easy holiday appetizers?? We’ve got you covered with the best appetizer recipes!
Content Covered Here
Why We Love Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers
- Perfect holiday party finger food.
This is an excellent cream cheese appetizer idea for New Year’s Eve or your holiday party.
- Quick and easy.
With only 4 ingredients and 20 minutes total, these will be the quickest healthy appetizer you’ve ever made.
- Great after-school snack.
These perfectly snack-size bites of mini sweet peppers are perfect for those hungry kids!
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Mini bell peppers: You can often find these in a bag in the produce section of the grocery store. They are sweet and perfect for munching.
- Cream cheese: You can use full-fat, low-fat, or vegan cream cheese for this stuffed appetizer.
- Cheddar cheese: Buy the pre-shredded cheese for a quick option.
- All-purpose seasoning: Add your favorite seasonings to make this dish really stand out. You can try garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, cumin, or oregano.
Stuffed Mini Peppers Recipe Tips for Success
- Be sure to remove all the seeds.
Slice the peppers in half using a sharp knife and then gently scrape out the seeds with your fingers, the tip of the knife, or a small spoon.
Don’t worry if one or two get past you, they’re just fine to eat!
- Mix the ingredients well.
Thoroughly combine all the ingredients together so there are no large clumps of cream cheese or seasoning.
You want each bite to be perfectly uniform.
- Bake until perfectly toasted and melty.
You’ll begin to see the tops of the peppers becoming golden brown and bubbly. This is when it’s time to take them out of the oven!
Use a timer and check on them frequently to make sure they don’t burn.
🎯 TFN Pro Tip
Use mini peppers rather than large peppers for the perfect snacking size.
Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers FAQs
If you notice they are too dry after baking it’s most likely because they were cooked too long. Check on them often and pull them out of the oven when the tops are just starting to brown.
Wrap them in bacon or prosciutto before baking! This adds a seriously rich and savory component to your party snack.
Yes, they are a great option for fans of meatless dishes! Keep in mind, however, they are not vegan because they contain cream cheese. If you’re looking to make them vegan, try a vegan cream cheese option instead.
Storing and Reheating
Store leftover stuffed sweet peppers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Microwave for 30 seconds to reheat them.
Freezing isn’t a great option; however, you can make them up to two days ahead of time for your holiday party or game day!
Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers
- 8 mini bell peppers
- 6 ounces garden vegetable cream cheese or flavor of choice
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese shredded (1/2 cup shredded)
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives or flat leaf parsley
- Set oven to preheat at 400ºF.
- Cut each mini pepper in half, from top to bottom. Use your fingers or a small spoon to remove the seeds and ribs.Arrange the peppers in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
- Add all filling ingredients to a small mixing bowl, then stir well with a spoon to combine.Fill each mini pepper half with cream cheese filling.
- Place pan of appetizers in the preheated oven to bake for 10-12 minutes, until the filling is light golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven. Arrange stuffed mini peppers on a serving platter and sprinkle garnish over the top. Serve while warm.