This Instant Pot Ranch Chicken and Potatoes recipe features tender, juicy chicken breasts with cream cheese and potatoes. You’ll love the delicious ranch flavor throughout!
Instant Pot creamy ranch chicken and potatoes is a quick and easy dinner that the entire family will love. It’s tangy, rich, and wonderfully comforting to enjoy anytime of the year! The potatoes and chicken cook together in the pressure cooker with the seasonings. Then, the delicious cream cheese sauce is made using the same pot. Serve with your favorite veggies for a complete and effortless meal.
Content Covered Here
Easy Pressure Cooker Ranch Chicken and Potatoes
This ranch chicken and potatoes dish is an easy Instant Pot recipe that you can make on any night of the week.
Just mix the potatoes and chicken with oil, add dry ranch seasoning and Italian seasoning, and press cook!
After you add the cream cheese, it will combine with the chicken broth to create a creamy sauce.
This sauce is perfect for spooning over the chicken and potatoes. Plus, this meal can be enjoyed with a variety of side dishes.
Ingredients Needed to Make Instant Pot Creamy Ranch Chicken with Potatoes
This recipe is super easy and delicious, and it can be customized with the ingredients you have available. You can use chicken thighs or chicken breasts without making any modifications.
Along with the chicken you will need:
- Baby potatoes – scrubbed and left whole
- Olive oil – or preferred oil for cooking
- Dry ranch dressing mix for a zesty, tangy taste
- Italian seasoning adds the perfect herbs and spices for a really flavorful dish
- Chicken broth – I recommend low sodium
- Cream cheese to make the creamiest, richest sauce for the chicken and potatoes
For a dish with even more big Italian flavor feel free to swap the ranch dressing mix with an Italian dressing mix.
How to Make Ranch Chicken and Potatoes in the Instant Pot
This is an easy recipe for making on a busy weeknight. Or, make it as part of your relaxing weekend meal plan.
The chicken and potatoes are cooked right in the Instant Pot. And, they are paired with a thick and creamy ranch sauce that is so good you’ll want to drink it with a straw!
Follow these simple steps for making Instant Pot cream cheese chicken with potatoes:
- First, prepare the baby potatoes by coating lightly with oil and then some of the ranch seasoning in a bowl. Add them to the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Then, using the same bowl, add the chicken thighs or chicken breasts. Coat with a bit of oil and the rest of the ranch seasoning (or Italian dressing seasoning) plus the Italian seasoning. Place the coated chicken on top of the potatoes in the pressure cooker.
- Next, add the chicken broth to the pot. Place on the lid and seal, and set to manual pressure cook for 12 minutes.
- Once done, allow the Instant Pot to do a natural release for 10 minutes before doing a quick release.
- Use tongs to remove the Instant pot chicken thighs and potatoes and transfer to a serving dish. Then turn on the sauté function and stir in the cream cheese to make a creamy ranch sauce. Continue stirring until the cream cheese has completely melted and the sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
Try our other great Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
If you’re looking for more delicious recipes to cook in your Instant Pot, try our Instant Pot Chicken Tenders and our Instant Pot Chicken Thighs and Potatoes. They are both really good and will become family favorites.
If you are looking for some easy Instant Pot soup recipes, then you should try our Instant Pot Salsa Verde or our Chicken Posole. Both of these soups are really amazing and will make you feel warm and comfy.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can make your own homemade ranch dressing mix by following these instructions: Combine 2 tablespoons buttermilk powder (optional), 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon dried parsley, 1 teaspoon dried chives, 2 teaspoon onion powder, and 1 teaspoon dried dill.
You can use different types of potatoes for this recipe, such as baby potatoes, yellow (yukon gold) potatoes, russets, or red potatoes. If you prefer, you can also cut larger potatoes into halves or quarters.
This dish is rich and filling. It can be a meal by itself, but it also goes well with salads or cooked vegetables. Serve saucy potatoes and chicken with carrots, broccoli, or green beans for a healthy and hearty dinner.
Store the chicken and potatoes with ranch seasoning in an airtight container. If you have leftovers, they will be good for up to four days. I don’t recommend freezing the dish because of the creaminess.
Instant Pot Ranch Chicken and Potatoes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1½ pound baby potatoes, scrubbed, whole (cut larger potatoes into halves or quarters, about 2")
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix (1/2 package) (see notes to make your own ranch dressing mix)
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- Add the chicken broth to the Instant Pot, twist on the lid to seal it, and turn the sealing lever (if needed). Set Instant Pot to cook at high pressure for 12 minutes.
- Once pressure cooking is complete, allow pot to naturally release pressure (Natural Pressure Release) for 10 minutes, then initiate a quick release by carefully turning the sealing lever away from you to vent the steam.
- Remove chicken and potatoes to a serving platter. Press cancel and set pot to sauté. Stir in cream cheese until melted, then let simmer on sauté for 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Serve cream cheese sauce over chicken and potatoes.