This baked Camembert in bread ring recipe is the perfect appetizer for sharing with friends and family, or can be enjoyed as a holiday treat. We love how it looks as lovely as a Christmas wreath with pomegranate seeds and springs of rosemary, and so will everyone else!
Looking for a festive appetizer to share with your friends and family this Christmas? Then, look no further than our camembert bread ring shaped like a Christmas wreath!
This pull-apart dinner roll ring is served with baked camembert cheese and makes the perfect party food.
The best part is it’s easy to make and only takes minutes in the oven. It’s perfect for sharing with friends or as a quick and easy dinner option.
Don’t miss out on this delicious and easy recipe for baked camembert and bread!
Baked Camembert with Bread Wreath
Nothing says Christmas like a camembert bread wreath made from frozen rolls. This crowd-pleaser appetizer is perfect for entertaining and is sure to impress your guests.
Our camembert bread ring is made with baked camembert cheese, which gives it a tasty, rich, creamy flavor.
The bread wreath is sprinkled with rosemary, making it extra tasty and fragrant.
The baked bread ring is perfect to tear and share. If you have leftovers, it can be easily reheated.
This Christmas appetizer recipe is easy to make thanks to frozen dinner rolls. So you don’t need to make your own dough. Just thaw the rolls and ba
Love making recipes with bread dough? You’ll love our Pesto Cheese Bread Twist and Pumpkin Spice Twist.
Ingredients for Baked Camembert in Bread Recipe
- Camembert cheese
- Frozen dinner rolls
- Melted butter
- Rosemary sprigs
- Pomegranate seeds
- Salt flakes
- Large pizza pan or large flat baking sheet
- Basting brush or pastry brush
- Plastic wrap
Shop this Post
How to make Baked Camembert in Bread Ring
Make the bread wreath. Put the wheel of camembert in the center of a large, round flat baking sheet. I use a large pizza pan for this recipe.
Place the frozen dinner rolls around the camembert cheese in a single layer. Leave about 1″ of space between each roll and the cheese.
Then take the cheese wheel out and leave the lid in place to be a spacer. Refrigerate until you are ready to bake it.
Let them rise. Cover the rolls with plastic wrap and a damp kitchen towel.
Let them rest in a warm place for at least 45 minutes to 1 hour. The rolls will become bigger, and they should be touching each other.
Bake the dinner rolls. Place the cheese ring in the middle of the rolls and bake for about 20 minutes or the roll wreath is golden.
Ready to serve. Take the camembert cheese and bread ring out of the oven and brush with melted butter. After cooling for 5 minutes, sprinkle cheese with minced rosemary. Add pomegranate seeds, tiny springs of rosemary, and flake salt before serving.
- If you want, you can add some chopped bacon to this recipe for a delicious savory twist.
- Use different types of cheese in this recipe, such as brie or other wheel cheeses.
- Add chopped dried fruit, such as apricots or figs, instead of pomegranate seeds for a festive touch.
What to Serve Baked Camembert Bread Ring
This camembert bread ring is delicious on its own as an appetizer or side dish. Serve it with a salad and a glass of wine for the perfect appetizer or light meal.
It can also be served with a soup, like our acorn squash soup, cheeseburger soup, clam chowder, or lasagna soup.
Storage and Reheat Instructions
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply place the camembert bread ring on a baking sheet and reheat in a 350°F oven for about 10 minutes.
You can also freeze the unbaked camembert bread ring for up to 2 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight and bake as directed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you will need to cover the camembert when baking. This helps to prevent the cheese from drying out and keeps it nice and creamy.
Yes, you can reheat the camembert cheese. Be sure to reheat it at a low temperature to keep it from drying out.
With this recipe, it takes 20 minutes to cook camembert with this bread ring recipe.
Baked Camembert and Bread Wreath
- large pizza pan or large flat baking sheet
- Plastic wrap
- basting or pastry brush
- 1 wheel Camembert cheese (can substitute with brie cheese)
- 1 bag (24 ounces) frozen dinner rolls
- 2-3 large rosemary sprigs
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- salt flakes
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Place the wheel of camembert in the center of a large round flat baking sheet (I use a large pizza pan).
- Place the frozen dinner rolls around the camembert cheese in a single layer (in 2 rows), with about 1″ of space (or a finger’s width) between them. Then remove the cheese wheel, leaving the lid as a spacer, and refrigerate the cheese until ready to bake.
- Cover the rolls loosely with plastic wrap or a damp kitchen towel to let thaw, and rise in a warm spot for at least 1 hour. Rolls should be about double in side and not quite touching each other.
- While the rolls are rising, mince 1/2 of the rosemary and set aside. Break the remaining rosemary into tiny springs. Rinse the pomegranate seeds and let air dry on a paper towel.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- When ready to bake, place the camembert wheel back into the middle of the rolls.
- Bake the cheese rolls at 375ºF oven until golden, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush with melted butter. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the minced rosemary to the top of the cheese. Lightly sprinkle flake salt over the camembert cheese bread ring. Then garnish with the pomegranate seeds and rosemary sprigs in the space between the two rows of rolls. Serve warm and enjoy.
Leave a Reply