Knorr Spinach Dip is the perfect combination of creamy and savory for dipping your crunchy snacks. Take this cold spinach dip recipe with you to potlucks, holiday parties, or just eat it over the sink with some pita chips. You can’t go wrong no matter how you serve it!
Content Covered Here
Why We Love Knorr Spinach Dip
- Quick and easy.
This spinach dip recipe with Knorr seasoning can be whipped up in just five minutes before resting in the fridge for one of the best dips.
- Great for holiday parties!
Looking for the perfect New Year’s Eve party snack? We’ve got you covered with this cold spinach dip recipe.
- Perfect way to get your vegetables.
Bring extra veggies into your diet with this great potluck dish.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Spinach: Frozen, chopped spinach works best for this recipe.
- Sour cream and mayonnaise: These creamy additions make the perfect dip.
- Lemon juice: A little lemon juice adds flavor and balances the sour cream and mayo.
- Knorr Vegetable Mix packet: This vegetable soup mix is the perfect way to season your spinach dip. It’s full of tangy and savory flavors that are essential for any dip.
- Green onions: Use only the green end for this recipe to add a little onion flavor and a slight crunch.
- Water chestnuts: These are great for adding a crunchy texture to this game-day dip.
Knorr Spinach Dip Recipe Tips for Success
- Thaw and squeeze the water out of the spinach.
It’s important to get rid of the extra water in the spinach before adding in the other ingredients; otherwise, this spinach vegetable dip will be too watery.
- Mix until well combined.
Using a wooden spoon, stir all the ingredients together until they’re fully combined. This will ensure there are no clumps of ingredients in your dip.
- Let the flavors mellow in the fridge.
Cover the top of the bowl with plastic wrap, pressing it down directly onto the dip. Then place it in the fridge and let it sit for at least an hour to let the flavors develop before serving it.
🎯 TFN Pro Tip
Serve this savory snack in a sourdough bread bowl! It’s is a fun way to serve this dip at parties that everyone will love.
Knorr Spinach Dip FAQs
This can happen if you add too much sour cream, mayo, or lemon juice. Be sure to add just enough that it all comes together when mixed and it’s not too liquidy.
If you’re in a hurry, you don’t need to refrigerate it first. However, we recommend doing this step because it really lets the flavors come together and create depth in this easy party dip.
If you’re looking to switch things up a bit, leave out the water chestnuts and add artichoke hearts to make artichoke spinach dip!
Storing and Reheating
Store leftover veggie spinach dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
It’s not a good idea to freeze this vegetable spinach dip because the sour cream and mayo don’t thaw well.
Instead, go ahead and whip up a new batch in just a few minutes!
Knorr Spinach Dip
- medium mixing bowl
- cheese cloth - for removing water from spinach
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 16 ounces sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 packet Knorr® vegetable soup mix
- 2 green onions green part only, finely chopped
- 8 ounces canned water chestnuts drained and chopped
- Add all ingredients to a medium mixing bowl. Using a large spoon, stir until well combined.
- Cover the bowl with a lid, aluminum foil, or plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow flavors to develop.
- Serve as desired. We recommend serving it in a sourdough bread bowl with raw veggies for dipping.