If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. See my disclosure policy here.
This Cinnamon Roll Apple Bake is the easiest and most delicious two ingredient recipe ever. It has all the yumminess of freshly baked cinnamon rolls combined with sweet, gooey apple fritters – but requires barely any prep work! Perfect for breakfast or dessert, this will be your new go-to dish for when you want to put something super tasty that is on the table fast and effortlessly.
Easy Cinnamon Roll Apple Bake
Busy moms, rejoice! Part cinnamon roll, part apple pie, this perfectly sweet casserole is entirely satisfying. Serve it for breakfast or dessert whenever you need a special treat that’s sure to make whole family happy.
It tastes just like your favorite cinnamon rolls with icing AND yummy apple fritters, all baked together to create one amazingly delicious dish. How could that not be a crowd-pleaser?!
And, although this apple fritter cinnamon roll bake seems impressive, it’s actually super easy to make.
It requires just 2 simple ingredients and less than 30 minutes in the oven. Plus, my baked cinnamon roll apple pie recipe needs no prep bowl and a single skillet or casserole dish – so cleanup is a breeze!
Give this rich, gooey, sweet and tangy cinnamon roll dessert or breakfast casserole a try, and be ready for lot’s of How did you make this magic?! questions.
2 Ingredients Needed to Make this Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Bake
For this recipe you really only need 2 ingredients:
- Canned, refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- Apple pie filling
That’s seriously it!
I use Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls to make this recipe, but you can use any similar brand.
Now, you might be wondering if serving your family apple pie is a healthy breakfast choice… While this cinnamon roll apple bake is certainly an indulgent dish, you should be pleased to know that a can of apple pie filling only contains a handful of simple and rather wholesome ingredients: real apples, sugar, food starch, natural flavors, citric acid, and cinnamon. Not too bad!
How to Make the Best Apple Fritter Cinnamon Roll Bake
You are going to love how easy it is to put together and bake this canned cinnamon roll dessert or breakfast recipe.
Just follow these simple steps and in less than 30 minutes you’ll have the most kid-friendly and family-approved sweet treat on the table!
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a skillet or casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Separate the cinnamon rolls and cut each into 4-6 sections. Add them to the prepared casserole dish or 10″ skillet (I used this one). Then, cover with the apple pie filling, cutting any large apple chunks into bite sized pieces.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes. When done, it should be lightly browned, with slightly crisp bits of exposed cinnamon roll and gooey apple goodness throughout.
Drizzle the cinnamon roll icing evenly over the top, and serve warm.
Tips for Making as a Camping Recipe
Baked apple cinnamon roll casserole is even great for making over an open fire while camping. It’s the perfect breakfast for a crisp, cool morning outdoors or dessert treat after a long day of hiking and/or relaxing in the tent!
Just add the roll of cinnamon rolls to the cooler and keep a can of apple pie filling in your pack, and you can cook this yummy breakfast right over the campfire with a cast iron pan.
Combine the 2 ingredients together in the skillet. Then cover the pan with aluminum foil and cook over the fire until ready, about 20-30 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
For breakfast I suggest serving with a side of yogurt and perhaps some crunchy granola.
Enjoy this cinnamon roll dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and/or whipped cream on top.
Stored in an airtight container this apple fritter cinnamon roll bake will keep well for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Reheat leftovers in the oven for a few minutes until warm, for the best flavors and consistency.
Because of the icing I do not recommend that you freeze leftovers. However, if you want to make ahead you can do so without using the icing, then cool and freeze in a sealed plastic bag for up to 3 months. Be sure to check the expiration date on the packaged icing before keeping in the fridge and using later.
Here’s the Full Recipe for the Easiest Apples and Cinnamon Roll Bake:
Cinnamon Roll Apple Bake
- 2 quart or 10" casserole dish or 9"-10" skillet
- 1 tube (17.5 oz) Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls, or similar brand (The large tubes of cinnamon rolls work best here)
- 1 can (21 oz) Apple pie filling
- Separate the cinnamon rolls and cut each into 4-6 sections. Add them to the prepared dish or skillet. Then, cover with the apple pie filling, cutting any large apple chunks into bite sized pieces.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the cinnamon rolls and lightly browned and the apples are golden and bubbly.
- Drizzle the icing that came with the cinnamon rolls over the top. Let cool slightly before serving.
- As a dessert, serve with vanilla ice cream or add whipped cream on top.
- For breakfast or brunch, serve with granola or vanilla yogurt.