This Cinnamon Roll Apple Bake is the easiest and most delicious two ingredient recipe ever. Just think of freshly baked cinnamon rolls meeting sweet, gooey apple fritters. And best of all, it requires barely any prep work!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost to you. See my disclosure policy here.
Easy Cinnamon Roll Apple Bake
Busy moms, rejoice! Part cinnamon roll, part apple pie, this perfectly sweet casserole is delicious.
Serve it for breakfast or dessert as a special treat that’s sure to make the whole family happy.
How could that not be a crowd-pleaser?!
And, although this apple fritter cinnamon roll bake tastes impressive, it’s actually really easy to make.
It needs just 2 simple ingredients and less than 30 minutes in the oven! Plus this baked cinnamon roll apple pie recipe needs no prep bowl and a single skillet or casserole dish. So cleanup is a breeze!
Perfect for breakfast or dessert, this will be your new go-to dish for when you want to put something super tasty that is on the table fast and effortlessly.
So, give this rich, gooey, sweet cinnamon roll dessert or breakfast casserole a try. Just be ready for lots of clean plates!
2 Ingredients Needed For Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Bake
For this recipe you really only need 2 ingredients:
- Canned, refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- A can of apple pie filling
That’s seriously it!
I use Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls to make this recipe, but you can use any similar brand.
Now, you might be wondering if serving your family apple pie is a healthy breakfast choice.
This cinnamon roll apple bake is certainly an indulgent dish. Though you should be happy that a can of apple pie filling only contains a handful of simple ingredients. Like real apples, sugar, food starch, natural flavors, citric acid, and cinnamon.
How to Make the Best Apple Fritter Cinnamon Roll Bake
You are going to love how easy it is to put together and bake this canned cinnamon roll dessert or breakfast recipe.
Just follow these simple steps and in less than 30 minutes you’ll have the most kid friendly and family approved sweet treat on the table!
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Then spray a skillet or casserole dish with non stick spray.
- Next, separate the cinnamon rolls and cut each into 4-6 pieces. Add them to the prepared casserole dish or 10″ skillet. Then, cover with the apple pie filling. Cut any large apple chunks into bite sized pieces.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes. When done, it should be lightly browned. There will be crisp bits of cinnamon roll and gooey apple goodness.
Drizzle the cinnamon roll icing evenly over the top, and serve warm.
Tips for Making as a Camping Recipe
Baked apple cinnamon roll casserole is great for making over an open fire while camping. It’s the perfect breakfast for a crisp, cool morning outdoors. Or as a dessert treat after a long day of hiking and/or relaxing in the tent!
Just add the roll of cinnamon rolls to the cooler and keep a can of apple pie filling in your pack. Then you can cook this yummy breakfast right over the campfire with a cast iron pan.
To cook: combine the 2 ingredients together in the skillet. Then cover the pan with aluminum foil and cook over the fire until ready, about 20-30 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
For breakfast, I suggest serving with a side of yogurt and perhaps some crunchy granola. Enjoy this cinnamon roll dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and/or whipped cream on top.
Stored in an airtight container this apple fritter cinnamon roll bake will keep well for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Cover leftovers with foil and reheat leftovers in the oven, to keep them from drying out.
Due to the icing, I do not recommend that you freeze leftovers. However, if you want a make ahead casserole, you can do so without using the icing. Then cool and freeze in a sealed plastic bag for up to 3 months.
Be sure to check the expiration date on the packaged icing before keeping it in the fridge and using it later.
The Full Recipe for the Easiest Apples and Cinnamon Roll Bake
Cinnamon Roll Apple Bake
- 2 quart or 10" casserole dish or 9"-10" skillet
- 1 tube (17.5 oz) Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls, or similar brand (The large tubes of cinnamon rolls work best here)
- 1 can (21 oz) Apple pie filling
- Separate the cinnamon rolls and cut each into 4-6 sections. Add them to the prepared dish or skillet. Then, cover with the apple pie filling, cutting any large apple chunks into bite sized pieces.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the cinnamon rolls and lightly browned and the apples are golden and bubbly.
- Drizzle the icing that came with the cinnamon rolls over the top. Let cool slightly before serving.
- As a dessert, serve with vanilla ice cream or add whipped cream on top.
- For breakfast or brunch, serve with granola or vanilla yogurt.