This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Fettuccine Alfredo is such a rich, delicious dish. And, it is considered the ultimate in comfort dishes by many. In our home, we often pair it with grilled shrimp. Did you know that you can serve up a dinner of Fettuccine Alfredo and Grilled Shrimp in 30 minutes? It’s true! That’s what I’m serving up our Girl’s Night menu. Get the recipe and learn how easy it is to make Fettuccine Alfredo with Grilled Shrimp Kabobs.
Girl’s Night Menu
Recently, I had the pleasure of hosting a girl’s night in my home. I love entertaining others, especially when it’s food-centered. Food just might be my “love language.” It’s one of the things in life that really brings people together.
Since I wanted to provide a cooking demonstration while preparing the meal for girl’s night, I chose an entrée that was quick and easy.
Everyone was amazed to learn that Fettuccine Alfredo less than 30 minutes to prepare. And, they were surprised by how easy it was to make, as well.
How to Make Easy Fettuccine Alfredo
Choose quality pasta to really enhance the dish. I prefer pasta imported from Italy, like this Colavita Fettuccine Egg Nests.
- Start water to boil for the fettuccine pasta. While it’s coming to a boil, start on the sauce.
- Add cream to a large skillet (at least 12 inches wide) and bring to a simmer. Heat until it’s thickened slightly and has reduced to approximately 1.5 cups. This will take about 8 minutes.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook, following directions on package. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water for the sauce.
- Whisk the butter, parmesan cheese, and nutmeg to the warmed cream, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the sauce to the pasta, tossing to coat. Stir in reserved pasta water a little at a time to allow the sauce to cling better to the pasta.
I added grilled shrimp kabobs and a caesar salad to round out the meal.
Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
I prefer to use jumbo shrimp for this Grilled Shrimp Kabobs recipe. They make a lovely impression when served atop the Fettuccine Alfredo.
To prepare the shrimp:
- Combine everything except for the olive oil ,and marinade shrimp for up to 1 hour.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers.
- Grill the shrimp over direct heat for 1-2 minutes on each side, until pink.
How easy is that?
Grilled Shrimp Kabobs is one of our favorite, easy meals. Especially in the summer when it is grilling season.
Keep things easy by using packaged salad and prepared dressing.
Girl’s Night Entertaining
How to Prep Ahead When Entertaining
When entertaining, I believe it’s essential to work ahead, if possible. Early in the day, I set the table and pull out the serving dishes needed.
Then set up the beverage and appetizer areas.
Prepping is my way of staying organized and getting ahead of any last minute issues.
After all, it’s so easy to get caught up in greeting guests that you forget something.
Now you’re ready for a fun girls night! Get the Fettuccine Alfredo and Grilled Shrimp recipes below:
Girl’s Night Recipes
Easy Fettuccine Alfredo
- stock pot
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 16 oz. fettuccine (fresh or dried)
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated or shaved
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch pepper
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot for the fettuccine. While the water is coming to a boil, simmer the cream in a large skillet (at least 12 inches wide) over medium heat until it’s thickened slightly and has reduced to approximately 1.5 cups. This will take about 8 minutes. Cover with a lid and keep the cream warm (a very gentle simmer is okay).
- Add 1 Tablespoon of salt to the water when it's reached boiling and add the pasta. Cook, stirring often, until it's al dente (following time listed on bag of pasta). Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water before draining the pasta. Return drained pasta to the pot.
- Whisk the butter, parmesan cheese, and nutmeg to the warmed cream, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the sauce to the pasta, tossing to coat. Add the reserved pasta water a little at a time to allow the sauce to cling better to the pasta. Serve right away.
Grilled Shrimp Recipe
Grilled Shrimp with Fresh Herbs
- grill or broiler
- 1 pound extra-large or jumbo shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh basil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 wooden skewers
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil for grill
- Combine everything except for the olive oil and allow to marinate up to 1 hour. Thread shrimp onto wooden skewers.
- Heat the grill and brush well with oil to prevent the shrimp from sticking. Grill the shrimp over direct heat for 1-2 minutes on each side, until pink. Remove from grill immediately when done.
I used a prepackaged salad for the Caesar salad.
I had a great time with the girls and received many compliments on the meal. Try this one for yourself and let me know how it turned out!
Share your pics of my recipes on Instagram with the hashtag #thefeatherednester or on my FB page https://www.facebook.com/The-Feathered-Nester-1926938844184523/.
Need more entertaining ideas? Check out these holiday menu posts for inspiration: