Do you know that you can make the softest parker house rolls from frozen? The process is easy, and perfect for Thanksgiving, Hanukah, or Christmas! Just grab a bag of Bridgford’s frozen dough on your next grocery trip, and the best frozen yeast rolls will be ready when you are. It’s so simple and easy that you don’t need to wait for a special occasion to serve them.
Content Covered Here
Why We Love Using Frozen Parker House Rolls
- It saves so much time!
The holidays are busy enough – Making yeast rolls with frozen dough makes your meal prep that much easier. No messing around with mixing and rising fresh dough. Just pan them up and bake!
- The flavor and texture are just as good as homemade.
Why Bridgford is a Favorite
It is no surprise that we love using store-bought Bridgford Ready-Dough® and frozen Parker house rolls dough. After all, we have over a dozen frozen bread dough recipes right here on The Feathered Nester.
All of the prep is taken care of, and they use quality, non-GMO ingredients.
We use frozen parkerhouse rolls and Ready-Dough all year-round.
It is so convenient to grab a few frozen rolls from the bag and let them thaw and rise during the day. Then pop them into the oven to bake at dinnertime. You’ll have old-fashioned freshly baked dinner rolls, just like grandma’s yeast rolls, for the dinner table.
Making Easy Yeast Rolls with Frozen Dough
Making dinner rolls from frozen is as easy as thaw, rise, and bake. Like you, we are always looking for time-saving strategies for holiday dinner prep and family dinners.
How to Defrost Frozen Parker House Rolls Dough
You might be wondering how long does frozen dough take to thaw? Well, it can be as quick as 1-2 hours! Or, if it’s easier for you, allow them to thaw, then cover and let them rise overnight in the refrigerator.
Those are the traditional methods. See below for how to thaw and rise frozen rolls fast.
We prefer to let the frozen dinner rolls dough rise in the fridge overnight. To do this, place the frozen rolls on an oil sprayed casserole dish or baking sheet to defrost.
Spray the plastic wrap with non-stick cooking spray on the side that will touch the dough. Don’t skip this step or you’ll wind up with a sticky mess.
Let defrost in the refrigerator overnight, or for 8 – 10 hours. The dough will be thawed, and should be about double in size.
Another way is to defrost your frozen dough is to thaw on the countertop.
Place the frozen yeast rolls in an oil sprayed casserole dish or sheet pan to thaw.
Cover with plastic wrap sprayed with cooking oil on the side facing the dough. Don’t skip this last step or you’ll wind up with a sticky mess.
Let defrost for 1-2 hours. The thawed bread dough should still be cold but soft to the touch.
Rising Parker House Rolls for Baking
Let thawed dough rise for 1-2 hours on the countertop in a warm location, free of drafts.
🎯 TFN Pro Tip – How to Make Frozen Rolls Rise Faster
Thawing frozen rolls fast is as easy as your oven. Add parkerhouse rolls frozen to your prepared baking sheet or casserole.
Then, set the oven to 100°F. Check every 30 minutes, until you see the dough has thawed. They will be cool to the touch, but softened.
Allow an additional 1-2 hours for the Parkerhouse style rolls to rise, until doubled in size.
Baking the Yeast Rolls
Prepare baking sheet or baking dish by spraying with non-stick cooking spray or cover with parchment paper. Evenly space the frozen Parkerhouse Style Rolls about 1-2″ apart.
Bake for 10-14 minutes, or until rolls are golden on top.
Brush roll with melted butter or margarine and serve warm.
How to Air Fry Frozen Parker House Rolls
So, make your frozen dinner rolls in the air fryer instead of the oven and free up the oven this year!
Cooking frozen dinner rolls in air fryer is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Preheat the air fryer according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Use a baking pan that allows about 2″ of space on all sides of the air fryer so that hot air can circulate.
- Set the air fryer for 350 degrees F and bake for 8-10 minutes, until rolls are golden on top.
With these simple directions, your dinner rolls will taste just like freshly baked rolls.
- Reheating in the microwave.
Cover the parkerhouse rolls with a damp, clean paper towel. Then, microwave in 15-second increments (up to 45 seconds total), until just warmed through.
- In the oven.
Place your yeast rolls on a sheet pan, and cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350°F. for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Reheating rolls in an air fryer.
If you’d like, brush a little additional melted butter over them first. Then, wrap them in foil and crimp/seal the edges closed.
If your air fryer has a bake mode, select that, and bake at 300°F. for 7 minutes.
Where to Buy
You will find Bridgford’s frozen bread dough and rolls nationwide, at major retailers like Wal-Mart, in the freezer section. Or click on the link here to find where to buy Bridgford’s Ready-dough, Parker house style rolls, and frozen Monkey Bread.
Dinner Rolls FAQ
Egg wash often appears in pastry and bread recipes and can be used to create a shiny, brown crust or act as an edible glue. An egg wash is a simple mixture of egg and a little water, milk, or heavy cream. You can adjust the egg wash so your baked goods come out as crisp, soft, or shiny as you want them.
Yeast releases gasses when it consumes the sugars in the flour. These gasses get trapped inside the dough buy the mesh the gluten makes. This is what causes your bread to be airy and fluffy. This mesh is formed by kneading the dough.
Easy Parker House Rolls from Frozen
- Baking Sheet - or casserole dish
- basting brush
- 25 ounces Bridgford Parkerhouse Style Rolls thawed *See notes for thawing
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- Spray a baking sheet or oven-safe casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Evenly space the frozen Parkerhouse rolls about 1" apart. Follow directions on Bridgford Parkerhouse rolls for thawing rolls or see notes on how to defrost frozen dough.
- When rolls are thawed, with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap sprayed with non-stick cooking oil on the side facing the rolls. Let rise until doubled in size, about an hour.
Oven-Baked Parkerhouse Rolls
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Bake Parkerhouse Rolls for 10-14 minutes, or until rolls are golden on top.
- Brush with melted butter and serve warm.
Air Fryer Parkerhouse Rolls
- Preheat the air fryer according to the manufacturer's directions. Use a baking pan that allows about 2" of space on all sides of the air fryer so that hot air can circulate.
- Air fry Parkerhouse Rolls at 350ºF for 8-10 minutes, or until rolls are golden on top.
- Brush with melted butter and serve warm.
- Defrost frozen dough rolls effortlessly in the refrigerator overnight. Place the frozen rolls on an oil sprayed casserole dish or sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap that has been sprayed with cooking oil on the side facing the dough. Don’t skip this last step, or you’ll wind up with a sticky mess. Let defrost in the refrigerator overnight, or for 8 – 10 hours.
- For a quicker, but just as easy method, defrost the frozen rolls on your counter at room temperature or in the oven at 85º to 100ºF. Place the frozen rolls in an oil sprayed casserole dish or sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap that has been sprayed with cooking oil on the side facing the dough. Don’t skip this last step or you’ll wind up with a sticky mess. Let defrost for 1-2 hours. The rolls should still be cold but soft to the touch.
Get more Frozen Dough Recipes
- Pesto Cheese Bread Twist
- Pizza From Frozen Bread Dough
- Recipes Using Frozen Bread Dough
- Monkey Bread Quick & Easy
- Easy Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Fire Grilled Pizza
- Baked Camembert and Bread Ring (Wreath)
This post was sponsored by Bridgford Foods. All views are my own and based on my own personal experience using Bridgford’s products.