If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. See my disclosure policy here.
Everyone loves lasagna, right? Making it can be time consuming. Because of that, we often reserve lasagna for special occasions. Well, end all of that by saying hello to my Instant Pot Easy Lasagna! Easy Lasagna? How can making lasagna be easy? Well, let me assure you that this dish IS easy. Plus it’s just as tasty and cheesy as any traditional lasagna casserole. Everyone will love this easy version just as much as the traditional one.
WHAT’S COVERED IN THIS POST
How to Make Pasta in the Instant Pot
The Instant Pot saves the day here! The pressure created in the pot helps this lasagna cook quickly. While it’s not really instant, cooking in an Instant Pot takes roughly less than half of the time.
Everything cooks in one pot. There’s no need to precook your pasta. The ingredients all go into the pot. And when you’re done, you just throw the liner pot into the dishwasher for clean up. Is that a win-win or what?
Instant Pot LazY Lasagna Ingredients
Another thing easy about this recipe is the ingredients. They’re things you probably buy regularly and are available in any grocery store:
- sausage or ground beef
- Italian seasoning
- lasagna noodles or pasta
- pasta sauce
- ricotta cheese
- mozzarella cheese
How to make Lasagna in the Instant Pot
Did I mention that the prep for this meal is easy? Oh, I did. Well, how does this sound:
- Saute the sausage and spices in the Instant Pot.
- Add pasta, water, and sauce, then cook at high pressure.
- Toss in the cheeses.
- Stir and serve.
Could it be any easier?
If you don’t already own an Instant Pot, I hope this delicious recipe inspires you to get one. It’ll be your best friend this fall and winter. See below for my Instant Pot recommendations.
Looking for regular lasagna? Here’s my traditional Lasagna recipe (with a low sodium and gluten free options)
With the holidays around the corner, busy evenings and weekends are ahead. The Instant Pot will make cooking so much easier. You can take many foods straight from the freezer to the Instant Pot without defrosting. Plus, there are plenty of recipes here on the blog to keep you inspired for a while.
So get the recipe below, and let’s get cooking so you can serve this tasty meal today!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Then uncover and bake for 5 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and let the lasagne set for 5 minutes before slicing and serving
Place foil covered pan on trivet. Lock lid into place and seal steam nozzle. Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
If you can’t find fresh pasta sheets, you can use dried pasta sheets. To use dried pasta sheets in lasagne, cook the lasagne for 10-15 minutes longer than fresh sheets. If your lasagne is looking too brown on top, you can cover it with foil for this extra cooking time.
Lazy Lasagna Instant Pot Recipe
Easy Lasagna in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot or Pressure cooker
- 1 lb sausage or ground beef
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 16 oz lasagna noodles, broken into 2″ pieces
- 32 oz pasta sauce
- 4 cups hot water
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Set Instant Pot to sauté. Add meat and Italian seasoning. Sauté until just brown. Add pasta, sauce, and water. Ensure you do not exceep the max volume setting on the inside of your Instant Pot liner.
- Press cancel, add lid and twist to seal, close sealing lever, and cook at high pressure for 5 min. When pressure cycle is over, use a quick release to release pressure immediately.
- Add ricotta cheese, and mozzarella, stir until melted.
- Optional broiling: reserve 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, spread lasagna into a greased casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese on top and broil in oven for 3 min or until browned.