This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Everyone loves lasagna, right? Making it is really time consuming. Because of that, we usually reserve lasagna for special occasions. Well, end that by saying saying hello to my Instant Pot Easy Lasagna! Easy Lasagna? How can making lasagna be easy? Well, let me assure you that this dish IS easy. Plus it’s just as tasty and cheesy as any traditional lasagna casserole. Everyone will love this easy version just as much as the traditional one.
How to Make Pasta in the Instant Pot
The Instant Pot saves the day here! The pressure created in the pot helps this lasagna cook quickly. While it’s not really instant, cooking in an Instant Pot takes roughly less than half of the time.
Everything cooks in one pot. There’s no need to precook your pasta. The ingredients all go into the pot. And when you’re done, you just throw the liner pot into the dishwasher for clean up. Is that a win-win or what?
New to Instant Pot cooking? Read THIS first.
Instant Pot Easy Lasagna Ingredients
Another thing easy about this recipe is the ingredients. They’re things you probably buy regularly and are available in any grocery store:
- sausage or ground beef
- Italian seasoning
- lasagna noodles or pasta
- pasta sauce
- ricotta cheese
- mozzarella cheese
How to make Lasagna in the Instant Pot
Did I mention that the prep for this meal is easy? Oh, I did. Well, how does this sound:
- Saute sausage and spices in the Instant Pot.
- Add pasta, water, and sauce, and cook at high pressure.
- Toss in the cheeses.
- Stir then serve.
Could it be any easier?
If you don’t already own an Instant Pot, I hope this delicious recipe inspires you to get one. It’ll be your best friend this fall and winter. See below for my Instant Pot recommendations.
Looking for regular lasagna? Here’s my Lasagna Recipe.
With the holidays around the corner, busy evenings and weekends are ahead. The Instant Pot will make cooking so much easier. You can take many foods straight from the freezer to the Instant Pot without defrosting. Plus, there are plenty of recipes here on the blog to keep you inspired for a while.
So, let’s get cooking and serve this tasty meal today!
Here’s the Recipe
Easy Lasagna in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot or Pressure cooker
- 1 lb sausage or ground beef
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 16 oz lasagna noodles, broken into 2″ pieces
- 32 oz pasta sauce
- 4 cups hot water
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Set Instant Pot to sauté. Add meat and Italian seasoning. Sauté until just brown. Add pasta, sauce, and water. Ensure you do not exceep the max volume setting on the inside of your Instant Pot liner.
- Press cancel, add lid and twist to seal, close sealing lever, and cook at high pressure for 5 min. When pressure cycle is over, use a quick release to release pressure immediately.
- Add ricotta cheese, and mozzarella, stir until melted.
- Optional broiling: reserve 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, spread lasagna into a greased casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese on top and broil in oven for 3 min or until browned.
Learn How to Use the Instant Pot:
My Instant Pot