Crockpot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta is a warm and comforting dish filled with creamy sauce, savory chicken, and long pasta. It’s the perfect slow-cooking dish for cold nights or weekend days. Don’t miss this bold and cheesy crock pot parmesan garlic chicken!
This dish is easy to prepare with minimal hands-on time, making it the perfect time-saving weeknight meal. Slow cooking allows the flavors to meld together while the chicken becomes tender and juicy absorbing the delicious garlic-infused sauce. Chicken garlic parmesan pasta is also versatile, allowing for customization with various herbs, vegetables, and spices. It’s family-friendly, a definite crowd-pleaser for gatherings, and excellent for leftovers for the next day.
Content Covered Here
Why We Love Crockpot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
- 5 ingredient recipe.
Not only is this pasta dish delicious, it’s also super easy to make with only five ingredients!
- Perfect slow cooker dish.
Put the ingredients for this chicken garlic parmesan pasta in the crockpot and let it simmer low and steady while you spend your evening doing other things.
- Kids love it!
This rich and savory dish is perfect for kids. They love the creamy sauce and flavorful chicken. It’s a can’t-miss dish!
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Chicken: skinless, boneless chicken breasts are best for this recipe.
- Parmesan garlic sauce: you can find this sauce at your local grocery store – the most popular brands are Buffalo Wild Wings, Sweet Baby Ray’s, or Kinder’s. You could also try our white cheese sauce.
- Cream cheese: we don’t recommend using low-fat cream cheese with this recipe as it’s more likely to break down during the cooking process.
- Parmesan cheese: you can buy this pre-grated or grate it from a block yourself.
- Fettuccine pasta: cook the pasta according to the directions on the box.
Crockpot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta Recipe Tips for Success
- Toss the ingredients in the crockpot.
This recipe is super easy to get started! Just toss the ingredients in the crockpot, set it on low, and let it cook.
- Let the chicken rest to make it juicier.
Tent the chicken with aluminum foil for 10 minutes after removing it from the crockpot. This keeps it juicy.
- Coat the pasta with the sauce.
Let’s get saucy! Toss the pasta in the sauce in the slow cooker to make it smooth and glossy. Then serve it with the chicken.
TFN Pro Tip
Cook this recipe on low in the slow cooker. As chicken breasts are low in fat, they tend to dry out easily when slow cooking. Using a lower temperature helps your chicken stay moist and juicy.
Chicken Garlic Parmesan Pasta FAQs
Yes, this is a great dish to freeze and save for later. Remember to label and date the container so you remember what you’ve saved later.
We love using fettuccine, but you can use any pasta you like best – long or short. This is a very versatile dish!
If the dish is softer than you’d like it to be, it’s possible the pasta was overcooked. Be sure to cook it until it’s just cooked through or even slightly undercooked before tossing it with the chicken and sauce.
Storing and Reheating
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
When you’re ready for another bowl of this tasty dish, put some in a bowl, cover, and heat in the microwave in 30-second increments until it’s warmed all the way through.
Crockpot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 ounce bottle Parmesan garlic sauce
- 8 ounces full-fat cream cheese cut into 8 cubes
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 16 ounces fettuccine pasta cooked and drained
- ½ cup reserved pasta water (from cooking the pasta)
- Line the inside of your pot with a slow cooker liner or spray the bottom inside with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the prepared pot in a single layer (if possible).
- Pour the parmesan garlic sauce over the chicken, topping with cream cheese cubes and parmesan cheese.
- Cover with the lid and cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours. Check the temperature of the chicken breasts to ensure they are at least 165ºF.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker to a serving platter and tent with foil. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Add reserved pasta water to the sauce and whisk until the sauce looks glossy and smooth. Remove and set aside one cup of sauce.
- Stir the fettuccine into the sauce until covered with sauce.
- Slice the chicken and drizzle the reserved sauce over the chicken.