Enjoy your favorite teppanyaki-style chicken fried rice made hot and fresh right at home! This Blackstone chicken fried rice recipe cooks tender healthy chicken tenders, veggies, and yummy scrambled eggs all on one flat top griddle. It’s a winning hibachi dinner that’s quick to prepare and serve as a satisfying meal any night of the week… Not to mention, it’s economical and easy to clean up after!
Content Covered Here
The Best Blackstone Chicken Fried Rice
Blackstone griddles have become an incredibly popular kitchen accessory, and it’s not hard to see why! These large flat-top grills have a wonderfully wide cooking surface, which allows you to quickly cook an entire meal in one space. What’s not to love?
My daughter first introduced me to this phenomenally easy Blackstone chicken fried rice recipe so that I could make my favorite teppanyaki restaurant dish at home. And I haven’t missed take-out since!
Rice is fried crispy with low fat chicken tenderloins, seasonal veggies, and eggs scrambled right on the grill. These are all cooked together and combined with soy sauce and sesame oil for those iconic savory umami flavors in every bite.
The chicken tenderloins require no prep, and this recipe is best when made with previously prepared and cooled leftover rice.
So start to finish the hibachi-style fried rice is ready in only about 30 minutes. And because everything is cooked right on the Blackstone griddle, cleanup is a breeze!
Enjoy chicken fried rice as a complete one-bowl dinner loaded with healthy proteins and tender veggies. Or serve alongside your choice of Chinese-inspired side or main dishes for a hearty family meal.
For a chicken-free version of this recipe, be sure to check out our Blackstone fried rice recipe.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Bacon – You can use regular or turkey bacon in this recipe.
- Diced vegetables – You can use whatever hearty and seasonal diced veggies you like! Some of our favorites are yellow squash and zucchini, sliced mushrooms, broccoli, snap peas, and slivered carrots.
Frozen vegetables also work great. There is no need to thaw first – just add them to the Blackstone griddle frozen and cook for a few minutes extra to make they’re heated throughout.
- Onion – Red onion is the best for this recipe. But any type of onion you have on hand works well too.
- Garlic powder – Highlights the savory flavors. You can also use minced garlic, but cook it a few minutes before adding the vegetables and chicken.
- Oil – We love using sesame oil for fried rice recipes. However, you can use any high heat neutral flavored oil.
- Chicken – We used chicken tenderloins but you can also use chicken breasts strips.
If you have whole chicken breasts, simply slice them into strips to make this recipe. Cut the boneless and skinless breasts crosswise into 1 1/2 to 2-inch pieces like tenderloins.
- Rice – We used cooked white rice and cooled it in advance. You can use other types of cooked rice, such as brown or jasmine.
- Soy sauce – This gives the fried rice a delicious umami flavor. Feel free to use reduced-sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos, if desired.
- Eggs – This will help bind the ingredients together and add a nice texture to the fried rice.
Kitchen Tools Needed
- Blackstone Griddle (or any flat top griddle)
Fried Rice Recipe Tips
Cook, cool, and refrigerate rice a day in advance. This helps the rice grains to dry a bit, which creates the best flavor and super nice texture once it’s fried on the hibachi.
Pro tip: Make 2-3 batches of rice at a time when cooking, so you have a portion to enjoy the same day and can put some up for later use. Let the rice cool to room temperature before freezing or refrigerating in airtight containers. This way you always have what you need on hand whenever a recipe includes rice!
How to Make Chicken Fried Rice On A Blackstone Griddle
Preheat the griddle to high heat. Cut bacon into bite-size pieces. Turn the flat top griddle down to medium heat, and add the bacon. Cook until bacon is about halfway done.
Add vegetables and onion to the bacon. Season with garlic powder.
Add sesame oil and chicken tenderloin strips. Continue cooking until the chicken is lightly golden, vegetables softened, and bacon is cooked through. If you prefer your chicken bite-sized, then pull it from the griddle and chop it before returning it to the fried rice.
Create a well in the middle of the bacon and vegetables, and let the butter melt. Once the butter is melted, add the rice breaking it up in the butter.
Stir rice and vegetables together, and coconut aminos or soy sauce until rice is lightly colored or to your taste.
Break eggs onto an open area of the Blackstone griddle and stir to scramble. Use a flat spatula to cut the eggs into bite-sized pieces and stir them in with the rice.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Make These Easy Blackstone Recipes On Your Flat Top Grill
Try our Blackstone Griddle Steak and Blackstone Crunchwrap if you want to have a delicious meal. Our steak is juicy and tender, while our crunchwrap is crispy and crunchy. You will surely enjoy every bite!
If you’re in the mood for rice meals, try our Blackstone Fried Rice, Teriyaki Chicken Pineapple Bowls, and Blackstone Chicken Fried Rice. You may also want to try our Blackstone Vegetables and Blackstone Pancakes.
Frequently Asked Questions
We love to use a variety of seasonal veggies like broccoli, yellow squash, zucchini, carrots, snap peas, and mushrooms. Include whichever hearty vegetables you prefer!
Yes! Use your choice of frozen veggies and do not thaw before adding to the Blackstone. Just be sure to increase cook time by a couple of minutes so they properly cook throughout.
This recipe works best with chicken tenderloin strips, or chicken breasts sliced into strips (see notes below).
Blackstone chicken fried rice will keep well for up to 3-4 days. Let the leftovers cool completely, then transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
Blackstone Chicken Fried Rice
- flat top griddle like Blackstone
- 8 ounces (1/2 pound) bacon (feel free to add more, we do!)
- 3 cups chopped vegetables (we use a variety of broccoli, yellow squash, zucchini, slivered carrots, mushrooms, snap peas, or whatever is in season)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins (chicken strips) (can substitute 2 chicken breasts cut into strips, see notes below)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups white rice (like Jasmine or Basmati), cooked and cooled (if time allows, refrigerate rice for 1-2 hours, see notes below)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or Coconut aminos
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat the griddle to high heat. While the griddle is heating, cut bacon into bite-size pieces. Turn the flat top down to medium and add bacon. Cook until bacon is about halfway done.
- Add the cut vegetables and onion to the bacon. Season with garlic powder. Add sesame oil and chicken tenderloin strips. Continue cooking until the chicken is lightly golden, vegetables softened, and bacon is cooked through. If you prefer your chicken bite-sized, then pull it from the griddle and chop it before returning it to the fried rice.
- Create a well in the middle of the bacon and vegetables, and add the butter. Once the butter is melted, add the rice breaking it up in the butter. Stir rice and vegetables together, and coconut aminos or soy sauce until rice is lightly colored or to your taste.
- Break eggs onto an open area of the Blackstone griddle and stir to scramble. Use a flat spatula to cut the eggs into bite-sized pieces and stir them in with the rice.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.