This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
This recipe makes the best ravioli lasagna using fresh or frozen ravioli in the Instant Pot for a terrifically easy and delicious meal. It features creamy and gooey mozzarella cheese, zesty marinara sauce, and meaty ravioli all layered together for a comforting family-friendly meal. And, this lasagna is ready in less than an hour with just a few minutes of prep needed. Not to mention it is a mostly hands-off pressure cooker recipe – the ideal lazy day dinner.Jump to Recipe
Easy Instant Pot Ravioli Lasagna
Instant Pot ravioli lasagna tastes just like your favorite classic lasagna, with layers of gooey melted cheese, zesty tomato sauce, and more cheese. But this dish is nearly effortlessly to make with no boiling required.
This lasagna with ravioli recipe is made right in the pressure cooker and uses a pot-in-pot method, also called PIP. However, it works perfectly in other pressure cookers brands, like Ninja, GoWise, Breville, or All Clad.
As an optional step, crisp the instant pot lazy ravioli lasagna by using an Air Fryer lid. Some pressure cookers like the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Duo Crisp, or Instant Pot Pro Crisp have built-in air fryer lids. Or you can use a separate stand alone air fryer. Most larger models can accommodate this size pan, or simply brown it in the oven using the broil setting.
What Tools and Ingredients You Need
Equipment for lazy ravioli lasagna
- pressure cooker, like Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi
- a 7″ – 7.5″ metal springform pan (or a cake pan lined with foil)
- a silicone sling or foil to make your own sling*
- Optional: air fryer lid, air fryer, or oven to brown the top of the ravioli lasagna
*To make a foil sling: tear off a 30″ strip of heavy-duty foil. Fold the strip into thirds, lengthwise. Use the ends to make a handle for lowering and raising the pan.
INGREDIENTS for Instant Pot Lasagna with Ravioli
Here are the 5 simple ingredients to make Instant Pot lasagna with ravioli:
- refrigerated or frozen ravioli – filled with cheese and meat or spinach
- marinara sauce – jarred or homemade
- mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese
Tips for the best Instant Pot lasagna
- You want to use fresh ravioli (store-bought) or frozen ravioli for this Instant Pot recipe. Homemade fresh ravioli won’t stand up to the pressures of pressure cooking.
- Shred your own mozzarella cheese for the creamiest, cheesiest lasagna. The packaged shredded cheese you buy in the store is coated with anti-caking ingredients to keep it from sticking together. This also keeps cheddar and mozzarella cheeses from melting into a rich, creamy sauce.
How to Make This Instant Pot Lazy Ravioli Lasagna Recipe
The easiest, cheesiest lasagna made with ravioli only requires 3 basic steps and is ready in less than an hour:
- Assemble the ravioli lasagna. First, grease the lasagna pan. Then pour in some marinara sauce, add a layer of meat or cheese ravioli, and sprinkle with part of the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Repeat to create another layer, ending with the cheeses on top. Spray a large piece of aluminum foil with nonstick spray (so that the cheese doesn’t stick) and tightly cover the pan.
- Pressure cook. Next, add water into the stainless steel base of the Instant Pot. Lower in the covered lasagna pan using the silicone sling. Seal the lid and do a manual pressure cook on high for 25 minutes. When done allow the IP to do a natural release for 5 minutes before finishing with a quick release.
- Brown the lasagna (optional). Use gloves to remove the foil from the pan. Either brown the ravioli lasagna using the Air Fryer, or broil for just a few minutes in the oven.
Let the ravioli lasagna rest and cool for at least 10 minutes before removing the springform pan ring. Serve and enjoy warm!
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! Use frozen cheese or spinach ravioli to make this a tasty vegetarian Instant Pot recipe.
Enjoy hearty and cheesy ravioli lasagna with a fresh green garden salad or Caesar salad. And a basket of crusty bread is always a great idea. Try my Easy Homemade French Bread Recipe once and you’ll never buy store bought again. And for a yummy starter make this Pesto Cheese Bread Twist!
Transfer cooled leftovers to an airtight container and keep in the fridge for 3-4 days. You can even freeze ravioli lasagna for up to 3 months.
Get the Full Recipe for Making Instant Pot Lasagna with Ravioli:
Instant Pot Ravioli Lasagna
- Instant Pot (or any electric pressure cooker)
- 7" to 7.5" springform pan or cake pan *see notes below
- Silicone or foil sling
- Optional: air fryer lid, air fryer, or oven
- 16 oz. ravioli, fresh or frozen (thaw if frozen)
- 1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce (3 cups homemade sauce)
- 2½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup water
Assembling the ravioli lasagna
- Lightly grease metal springform pan or round cake pan with non-stick cooking spray *see notes if using a cake pan*.
- Pour ½ cup of marinara sauce into bottom of springform pan. Spread out 1/2 of ravioli in a single layer. Top with 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. Cover with 1 cup of marinara sauce.
- Spread the rest of the ravioli into a single layer. Top with 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. Pour over 1 ½ cups of marinara sauce. Top with the rest of the shredded mozzarella cheese
- Spray the underside of the foil with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Wrap the springform pan in foil across the top and under the bottom of the pan.
Pressure cooking Ravioli Lasagna
- When pressure cycle is over, allow a 5 minute natural release. Then perform a quick release to release the remaining pressure. Using pot holders, lift sling from the Instant Pot and carefully remove the foil from the springform pan.
- If serving without browning (next steps), let ravioli lasagna cool for at least 10 minutes before removing the springform band (to ensure that the ravioli lasagna stays together and doesn’t spread out.
Browning the Ravioli Lasagna with air fryer lid, air fryer, or oven (optional)
- Place the ravioli lasagna back on the sling. Lower the sling back into the Instant Pot or place in your air fryer.
- Air fry or Bake at 350º for 5-10 minutes, until golden and bubbly on top. If you don't have an air fryer or air fryer lid, you can broil the ravioli lasagna in your oven.
- Allow ravioli lasagna to cool for at least 10 minutes (to ensure that the ravioli lasagna stays together and doesn’t spread out).