This Lazy Lasagna with Frozen Ravioli recipe is so easy and a great way to feed a crowd without all the work with the help of Instant Pot.
This Instant Pot ravioli lasagna uses fresh or frozen ravioli for a quick and easy lazy lasagna recipe.
It features creamy and gooey mozzarella cheese, marinara sauce, and meaty pasta squares all layered together for a delicious dinner recipe. And, best of all – just a few minutes of prep is needed before pressure cooking.
Lazy Lasagna with Ravioli in Instant Pot
Instant Pot lazy day lasagna tastes just like your favorite traditional lasagna, with layers of melted cheese, spaghetti sauce, and even more cheese.
But, this dish is easy to make with fresh or frozen ravioli. There’s no boiling the pasta or sauteeing ground beef needed!
This lasagna with ravioli recipe is made right in the pressure cooker with a pot-in-pot method, also called PIP.
However, this lasagna recipe works perfectly in other pressure cookers, like Ninja Foodi, GoWise, Breville, or All-Clad.
As an optional step, you can crisp the insta pot lazy day ravioli lasagna with your air fryer lid. Some pressure cookers like the Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot Duo Crisp have built-in air fryers. Or, you can brown it in your air fryer or in the oven using the broil setting.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Ravioli Lasagna
- Fresh or frozen ravioli – I love using frozen cheese ravioli, meat, or spinach
- Pasta marinara sauce – use meat sauce for a really rich filling
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- A pressure cooker, like an Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi
- 7″ – 7.5″ metal springform pan (or a cake pan lined with foil)
- Silicone sling or foil to make your own sling (see below)
- Optional: air fryer lid, air fryer, or oven to brown the top of the ravioli lasagna
How to make a foil sling:
Tear off a 30″ strip of heavy-duty foil. Fold the strip into thirds, lengthwise. Use the ends to make a handle for lowering and raising the pan.
Tips for Making the best Instant Pot lasagna with Ravioli
- You want to use fresh ravioli (store-bought) or frozen ravioli for this Instant Pot recipe. Homemade ravioli might not stand up to the pressures of pressure cooking.
- Shred your own mozzarella cheese for the creamiest, cheesiest lasagna. The packaged shredded cheese you buy in the store is coated with anti-caking ingredients to keep it from sticking together. This also keeps cheddar and mozzarella cheeses from melting into a rich, creamy sauce.
How to Make This Instant Pot Lazy Ravioli Lasagna Recipe
The easiest, cheesiest lasagna made with ravioli only requires 3 basic steps and is ready in less than an hour:
Assemble the ravioli lasagna. First, grease the lasagna pan. Then, pour in some marinara sauce, add a single layer of meat or cheese ravioli, and sprinkle with part of the mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
Repeat layers of ravioli, sauce, and cheese, ending with the cheeses on top.
Spray a large piece of aluminum foil with nonstick spray (so that the cheese doesn’t stick) and tightly cover the pan.
Seal the lid and cook on high for 25 minutes. When done allow the IP to do a natural release for 5 minutes before finishing with a quick release.
Ready to serve. Let the ravioli lasagna rest and cool for at least 10 minutes before removing the springform pan ring. Serve and enjoy warm!
- Switch up the pasta sauce: use Alfredo sauce, a creamy vodka sauce, or your favorite jarred sauce.
- Make it meaty: include cooked ground beef, Italian sausage, or shredded chicken in the layers.
- Add veggies: mix in some spinach leaves, sauteed mushrooms, or roasted red peppers.
- Try different cheeses: in addition to, or in place of mozzarella, feel free to use cheddar, provolone, or Ricotta cheese.
What goes well with Instant Pot lasagna with ravioli?
How to store and reheat Instant Pot Ravioli
Store: cool the lasagna completely then cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Freeze: wrap the cooled lasagna tightly in a freezer-safe wrap or aluminum foil, label it, and freeze for up to 2 months.
To reheat: thaw the Instant Pot frozen ravioli overnight in the fridge then bake in a 350˚F oven until hot and bubbly. Alternatively, reheat small pieces in the microwave.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! Use frozen cheese or spinach ravioli to make this a tasty Instant Pot ravioli lasagna recipe.
Get the Full lazy lasagna with frozen ravioli Recipe Below
Instant Pot Ravioli Lasagna
- 7" to 7.5" springform pan or cake pan *see notes below
- Silicone or foil sling
- Optional: air fryer lid, air fryer, or oven
- 16 oz. ravioli, fresh or frozen (thaw if frozen)
- 1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce (3 cups homemade sauce)
- 2½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup water
Assembling the ravioli lasagna
- Lightly grease metal springform pan or round cake pan with non-stick cooking spray *see notes if using a cake pan*.
- Pour ½ cup of marinara sauce into bottom of springform pan. Spread out 1/2 of ravioli in a single layer. Top with 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. Cover with 1 cup of marinara sauce.
- Spread the rest of the ravioli into a single layer. Top with 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. Pour over 1 ½ cups of marinara sauce. Top with the rest of the shredded mozzarella cheese
- Spray the underside of the foil with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Wrap the springform pan in foil across the top and under the bottom of the pan.
Pressure cooking Ravioli Lasagna
- When pressure cycle is over, allow a 5 minute natural release. Then perform a quick release to release the remaining pressure. Using pot holders, lift sling from the Instant Pot and carefully remove the foil from the springform pan.
- If serving without browning (next steps), let ravioli lasagna cool for at least 10 minutes before removing the springform band (to ensure that the ravioli lasagna stays together and doesn’t spread out.
Browning the Ravioli Lasagna with air fryer lid, air fryer, or oven (optional)
- Place the ravioli lasagna back on the sling. Lower the sling back into the Instant Pot or place in your air fryer.
- Air fry or Bake at 350º for 5-10 minutes, until golden and bubbly on top. If you don't have an air fryer or air fryer lid, you can broil the ravioli lasagna in your oven.
- Allow ravioli lasagna to cool for at least 10 minutes (to ensure that the ravioli lasagna stays together and doesn’t spread out).