This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
This hearty chicken and potatoes recipe is a great weeknight dinner that needs only a little prep with balsamic dressing and just one sheet pan to make. Chicken drumsticks are inexpensive to buy, and easy to roast with a simple marinade and your favorite seasonal veggies. The kids will really enjoy eating these drumsticks with their hands, and the whole family will love all of the satisfying flavors in this one pan meal.Jump to Recipe
Easy One Pan Chicken Drumsticks with Potatoes
It can be difficult to come up with meals that are kid-friendly, healthy, and easy to make for those busy weeknights. This easy drumstick sheet pan dinner recipe checks all of the boxes and then some!
Sheet Pan Chicken Drumsticks starts with a simple but super flavorful balsamic dressing that the chicken and veggies marinade in. It is so easy that you can quickly mix them them together in the morning before you head out the door.
Then once you’re ready to get cooking, everything is spread out on one baking sheet and roasted together to crispy perfection. Plus, cleanup is a breeze with just one pan.
It’s a great base recipe for swapping ingredients for what you have available, and for creating different flavor profiles with different dressings. You’ll definitely be adding this one to your regular meal rotation!
What Ingredients You Need to Make Sheet Pan Drumsticks and Veggies
Here are my favorite veggies and other ingredients needed to make the easiest Sheet Pan Chicken Drumsticks and Potatoes recipe:
- Chicken drumsticks
- Baby red potatoes
- Green beans or Brussels sprouts
- Balsamic dressing
I like using baby carrots as a time saver, however, feel free to use full-sized carrots that you peel and chop. You can also include other veggies, but be sure they are hearty enough to stand up to the high heat of roasting. For instance, some of my other favorite vegetables are diced sweet potatoes, beets, acorn or butternut squash, asparagus, and/or cauliflower.
There’s no need to add any extra salt or spices, as the dressing has all the seasonings you want for this veggies and chicken drumstick sheet pan dinner.
How to Make Roasted Chicken and Drumsticks with Potatoes
This really is an effortless one-pan sheet pan dinner recipe, and requires only a few simple steps.
First, prep the veggies by washing, drying, and chopping into 1-inch chunks. Add them to a bowl or Ziploc bag, and pour in half of the balsamic dressing. Give the bag a gentle rocking to thoroughly coat the potatoes and vegetables. Repeat the process with another bag and the chicken drumsticks.
Place both of the bags in the fridge and allow to marinade for at least 15 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
When ready to prepare dinner, preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
Then, evenly spread the balsamic marinaded drumsticks and vegetables out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake the chicken drumsticks and potatoes for about 30 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Chicken has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F when thoroughly done.
Let the chicken and veggies rest on the baking sheet for a few minutes before serving warm.
Then, just toss the parchment paper in the trash and you’re done with cleanup!
Below You’ll Find the Full Sheet Pan Chicken Drumsticks Recipe!
Give my easy sheet pan dinner a try this week, and let me know if your family loves it as much as we do!
To round out your meal, make some delicious Easy Drop Biscuits! With 3 simple ingredients, they are a mix, drop, and bake recipe. Plus, you pop them in the oven the last 15 minutes of baking and everything is ready at once.
You can swap drumsticks for bone-in chicken thighs or whole chicken legs with drumsticks and thighs. Just add a few extra minutes to the cooking time to ensure doneness.
If you use boneless chicken thighs or chicken breasts, the cooking time should be about the same as in the original recipe.
Want to try something other than balsamic dressing? Sheet Pan Chicken Drumsticks with Potatoes is also delicious when made with ranch dressing or Italian dressing.
This is a great recipe for meal prepping. Leftovers will stay good for up to 3 days when properly sealed and stored in the fridge.
Here’s the Easiest One Pan Balsamic Chicken Recipe:
Sheet Pan Chicken Drumsticks
- Baking Sheet or sheet pan
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 3/4 lb baby red potatoes, cut in 1/2
- 1/2 lb green beans or Brussels sprouts, cut in 1/2
- 1 small onion, cut into 1" cubes
- 1/2 lb baby carrots, cut in 1/2
- 1 cup balsamic dressing, divided
- Prep the veggies by washing, drying, and chopping into 1-inch chunks. Add them to a bowl or Ziploc bag, and pour in half of the balsamic dressing. Give the bag a gentle rocking to thoroughly coat the potatoes and vegetables. Repeat the process with another bowl or bag with the chicken drumsticks. Let marinade for 15 minutes to 8 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from the refrigerator, and evenly spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the chicken drumsticks and vegetables for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Test the temperature of the chicken with a instant read thermometer. Chicken has internal temperature of 165 degrees F when thoroughly done. Let the chicken and veggies rest on the baking sheet for a few minutes before serving warm.
Check out these other easy dinner recipes:
- Perfect Pan Seared Chicken Breasts
- Buttermilk Brined Pork Chops
- Easy Classic Lasagna (with gluten-free option)
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
- One Pot Dinner Marinara Meatballs
Have you made a The Feathered Nester recipe?
We’d love to see it!