As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost to you. See my disclosure policy here.
Although I love creating complicated and impressive “wow” meals like lasagna and prime rib, most of our recipes are easy weeknight dinners made with just a few ingredients that are ready in 30 minutes or less. Well, stand by because this one-pan meal is quick and simple but still says “WOW!” Let me show you how to make delicious and easy Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs with Veggies for dinner tonight.
What’s Covered in this Post
Why Easy Sheet Pan Dinners are the Best
What is so special about these sheet pan chicken thighs? How about how scrumptious they are! Brushing them with butter gives the chicken amazing flavor and keeps the thighs terrifically juicy. And when you combine that with roasted onions, an assortment of hearty vegetables, and just the right selection of spices, you have a mouthwatering aroma that will make your family run to the table for dinner.
They Look Delicious
Something I love the most about sheet pan dinners is how delicious they look. They are super colorful, which studies have shown actually stimulates the appetite. And if you have children, you know that food presentation can make or break dinner. With bright colors and yummy flavors, it doesn’t get much more kid-friendly and entire-family-pleasing than this recipe!
One Pan Dinners are Quick to Make
Start to finish this chicken thighs and veggies sheet pan dinner only takes a mere 30 minutes to make!
Sheet Pan Clean Up is a Breeze
Another thing I that is great about sheet pan meals, and possibly most important, is how incredibly easy the cleanup is. Because you just use one pan to season and cook everything all together, there isn’t a sink load of dishes waiting for you when you are done. I use parchment paper, which involves a little cleanup. But you also can use aluminum foil to just peel and toss the whole mess.
What Ingredients are in this Recipe
When selecting produce for sheet pan dinners, I tend to pick bright colored vegetables that are hearty enough to withstand high oven heat. Green bell pepper, red bell pepper, red onions, sweet potatoes, asparagus, or carrots are always high on my list. I also love to add fresh herbs before serving for extra fresh flavor.
However, you can certainly use just about any of your favorite vegetables and herbs for this recipe!
Here are the ingredients used in our Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs with Veggies recipe:
- veggies: red potatoes, red onion, and carrots
- avocado oil or olive oil
- boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- butter, melted
- seasonings: dried thyme, Kosher salt, and dried garlic
How to Make Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs with Veggies
- First: Preheat the oven, get your sheet pan ready, and chop the veggies. I then add the veggies to the sheet pan before anything else.
- Next, keep things simple by tossing the veggies with avocado or olive oil and seasoning them right in there on the pan. That minimizes clean up later on. Yay!
- Then add the chicken thighs, and brush melted butter on the chicken. Sprinkle them with more of the seasonings, and your sheet pan is oven ready.
And presto, perfectly roasted seasonal veggies and juicy chicken are cooked in less than 30 minutes.
Doesn’t this look amazing? And I can promise that your house will smell incredible, too! It’s one of those dig-right-in dinners that absolutely makes your mouth water.
See Below for the Complete Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs with Veggies Recipe!
Bonus: leftovers of this recipe are terrific! Chicken thighs with veggies will keep well in the fridge stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days. They are super tasty to enjoy for lunch the next day; or, make a large batch ahead of time for a meal prep that’s quick to reheat for dinner another night.
Once you make this easy sheet pan dinner, it will definitely find a place in your regular dinner rotation!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can you cook chicken and vegetables at the same time? Yes, you can! Since the chicken is cut into 1 inch cubes and the vegetables are chopped similarly, roasting them at a slightly higher temperature of 475 degrees allows the ingredients to cook thoroughly.
The perfect combination of vegetables and well-seasoned chicken bakes up crispy and tender all on one pan. It only takes 15 minutes to get everything ready for the oven, then you can sit back and relax while your roasted chicken with vegetables bakes up golden brown and steaming hot.
Yes, this is a safe method of cooking, as long as everything in the pan is fully cooked before eating.
Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs Recipe
Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs with Veggies
- Baking Sheet
- 5 medium potatoes (russett, red, gold, or white) scrubbed and cut into 2" chunks
- 3 large carrots sliced into 2" chunks
- 1/2 red onion rough chopped
- 2 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp dried garlic
- Preheat oven to 425º, using bake or roast mode. Prepare sheet pan by spraying with cooking oil or covering with parchment paper or foil. Add potatoes, carrots, and onions to sheet. Drizzle with avocado or olive oil and toss with your hands.
- Add chicken thighs to sheet. Don't flatten them completely in order to prevent them from drying out. Brush with melted butter and season.
- Bake or roast sheet pan for 25-27 minutes. Check the internal temperature of the chicken. The chicken is done when it reaches 165º. Use a fork to pierce the potatoes and carrots to see if they are done.