This Roasted Red Pepper Feta Dip recipe is so rich in flavor and the creamy sauce has a blend of Mediterranean flavors, including smoky roasted red peppers and salty feta cheese.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. See my disclosure policy here.
Looking for a delicious and easy dip recipe? Look no further than this roasted red pepper feta dip! This dip is creamy, smoky, and salty with the perfect balance of flavors. It’s perfect as an appetizer with naan, pita, or vegetables for dipping. Or, enjoy it as a spread on fresh bread, a sandwich, or wrap.
No matter how you serve it, this whipped feta dip is sure to be a hit!
What is Roasted Red Pepper Feta Dip?
This red pepper feta dip recipe is inspired by Htipiti, a traditionally spicy Mediterranean roasted red pepper dip. But this is made with mild red peppers (bell peppers) for a family-friendly whipped feta dip appetizer that everyone will love.
The Greek/Middle eastern (mild htipiti) sauce flavorful and perfect for dipping or spreading. The roasted red peppers give the feta dip a beautiful smoky flavor, while the feta and cream cheese add a rich and creamy texture.
Quick and Easy Mediterranean Inspired Dip
If you’re looking for an easy appetizer recipe, this roasted red pepper feta dip is it! This Mediterranean-inspired dip comes together in just minutes and is perfect for any occasion. Whether you use it as a dip or a spread, it delivers on taste!
If you love to make homemade sauces, check out our Basil Pesto Sauce, 3 Ingredient BBQ Sauce, and Mango Chili Sauce recipes.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Red bell pepper – You can use store-bought roasted red peppers if you want, but we like roasting our own.
- Cheese – Block feta cheese is better to use in a cheese dip because it is smoother and creamier than crumbled feta.
- Whipped cream cheese – This gives the dip a bit of extra flavor and creaminess. You can use regular cream cheese as well but it won’t be as creamy.
- Olive oil – adds richness and depth of flavor to the dip. You can also use other types of oil like avocado oil or coconut oil. However, olive oil has the best flavor.
- Garlic – is a delicious addition to this recipe and adds flavor to the cheese.
- Lemon juice – adds a bit of acidity and keeps the creamy dip fresh.
- Dried thyme – This is the perfect herb to pair with feta cheese so it’s really worth adding to this dip recipe. You can also use any other herbs you like such as oregano or parsley.
Equipment Used for making Feta Dip Recipe
- Food processor (or you can use a blender)
Shop This Post
How to Cook the Red Pepper for the Feta Dip
Start with charing the pepper. If you can, char the red pepper on each side over a gas flame. Or broil the pepper in the oven. Let it char on each side until it has charring spots on the skin.
Put the pepper in a heat-resistant bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Let it steam for 10 minutes.
When the pepper is cool to the touch, scrape off the blackened outside. Remove the stem and seeds.
Chop the pepper’s soft red flesh into small pieces and set it aside until you are ready to use it.
How to make the Roasted Red Pepper Feta Dip
Then prepare the sauce. Put the feta, cream cheese, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and thyme into the bowl of a food processor. Puree until it is smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
Next, add the chopped roasted red peppers and pulse until the peppers are your desired size.
What to Serve with Feta Dip Recipe
This roasted red pepper appetizer dip is perfect for any occasion! Serve it as an appetizer with:
- Pita chips
- Naan bread
- Vegetables like carrots, celery, and cucumber
- Sandwich or wrap spread
Get more appetizer recipes! Check out our loaded tater tot appetizer, this dip would be perfect as a topping on them. Another appetizer idea is this delish jalapeno popper recipe for dipping in this tasty feta dip. Or you can make this baked feta dip.
How to Store Roasted Pepper Feta Dip
This roasted red pepper dip with feta will last up to four days in the fridge. Store it in an airtight container and enjoy!
Reheating is easy. Simply microwave it for 30-60 seconds or until heated through.
You can also freeze this feta cream cheese dip for up to two months. Let it thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
Creamy Whipped Feta Dip Variations
- If you want to spice up this dip, try adding a pinch of cayenne pepper, a teaspoon of smoked paprika, a roasted jalapeno, or roasted poblano pepper.
- If you want to make it vegetarian, use vegetable broth instead of water when roasting the peppers.
Frequently Asked Questions
First, preheat your oven to 400º F. Then, wash your red pepper and cut it in half. Remove the seeds and stem from the pepper and pat the pepper dry.
Next, place the pepper halves on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper cut side down, and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
To cut roasted red peppers for dipping, remove the stem and seeds. Then, cut the pepper into thin strips or small pieces. You can also use a food processor to chop the peppers into smaller pieces.
Get the Full Roasted Red Pepper Feta Dip here
Red Pepper Feta Dip
- food processor or blender
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 8 ounces feta cheese block, cubed
- ¼ cup whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic smashed and peeled
- ½ lemon juiced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- If you have a gas stove, turn it to medium heat and place the red pepper directly on the grate. Char the pepper until blackened on each side – about 2 minutes per side.
- If you don’t have a gas stove, turn the oven broiler on high and place the red pepper about 6” away from the broiler. Char it on each side until blackened – about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the pepper and place it in a heatproof bowl. Cover it with plastic wrap. Allow the pepper to steam for 10 minutes.
- When the pepper is cool to the touch, scrape off the charred skin and remove the stem and seeds. Chop the remaining soft red flesh of the pepper into small pieces and set aside until ready to use.
- Add the feta, cream cheese, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and thyme to the bowl of a food processor or blender and puree until smooth and creamy – about 2 minutes. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Next add the chopped roasted red peppers and pulse until the peppers are your desired size.
- Serve this dip with pita bread, crackers, naan, or vegetables. Or use it as a spread for bread, sandwiches, or wraps.
- Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
- I’m roasting my own red bell pepper, but you could use store-bought jarred roasted red peppers if you like. Drain them before using.
- Block feta whips into a smoother, creamier dip than crumbled feta.
- Whipped cream cheese adds a bit of extra tanginess and creaminess to the dip.
- Olive oil adds richness and depth of flavor to the dip.
- The lemon, garlic, and thyme pair perfectly with roasted red pepper.
2 thoughts on “Roasted Red Pepper Feta Dip”
Terrific Dip recipe!