Summertime is the perfect time for cookouts and enjoying delicious barbecues. And BBQ is best enjoyed with sauce. If you’re looking for a delicious and easy homemade, and no-cook bbq sauce recipe, look no further! Because this 3 ingredient homemade honey bbq sauce is sure to please everyone at your next get-together or barbecue.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. See my disclosure policy here.
This easy barbecue sauce recipe with ketchup is perfect for chicken, pork, or beef. And, it’s so delicious that you’ll want to put it on everything! You can also use it as a dipping sauce or even a marinade. Plus, this sauce can be made in just 5 minutes!
Homemade Barbeque Sauce
There’s nothing better than homemade BBQ sauce during the summer. It’s the perfect way to spice up your barbeque!
Also, this recipe has a sweet, smoky, and tangy flavor. You can also make the BBQ sauce to your liking by adding different spices.
This homemade BBQ sauce is easy, no cooking is needed!
Love dips and sauce recipes? You’ll love our In n Out Sauce (Copycat), basil pesto sauce, spicy honey mustard, mango chili sauce, and red pepper feta dip.
3 Ingredients for Homemade BBQ Sauce
- Ketchup – this is the base of this sauce recipe.
- Honey – adds a sweet flavor.
- Worcestershire sauce – adds a smoky and tangy flavor.
Note: To mix the honey easier, warm it up first. You can do this by putting it in a bowl of hot water or microwaving it for 5-15 seconds.
Equipment for this Recipe
Renae Recommends These Tools
Gold Measuring Cups and SpoonsBuy Now →
Making the 3 Ingredient BBQ Sauce
How to make barbecue sauce with Ketchup
Making this homemade honey BBQ sauce is easy and it tastes great without brown sugar. We use honey because it makes the sauce richer. Honey also makes it a quick and easy no cook bbq sauce.
- Put all the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the sauce until it is smooth and the honey is completely mixed in with the ketchup. This should take just 1-2 minutes with a wire whisk.
- Then it’s ready to use!
If you have leftover homemade barbecue sauce, store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Spicy honey BBQ sauce recipe
- Add 1 teaspoon of chili pepper paste to give the sauce a bit of a kick.
- If you don’t have chili pepper paste, then use 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper or hot chili powder. Or, 2 teaspoons of hot sauce to make this a hot or spicy honey bbq sauce.
Hickory BBQ Sauce
- Add a 1/2 teaspoon of liquid hickory smoke flavoring to the BBQ sauce for a smokey hickory taste.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you don’t have honey, you can use brown sugar, molasses, or maple syrup as a substitute in the recipe. If you use sugar, cook the sauce in a small saucepan until it comes to a rolling boil to dissolve the sugar crystals and thicken the sauce.
This 3 ingredient BBQ sauce can last in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Yes, this can be frozen. Pour it into a freezer-safe container and freeze it for up to three months. To use it, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator before using.
You can use any ketchup for this recipe. Ketchup brands taste differently due to the blend of ingredients. I like using Heinz because it has a good balance of sweetness and acidity. They have organic ketchup (which is my preference) and no sugar added ketchup. I also like Target’s organic ketchup.
Here are some great recipes that Pair well with BBQ Sauce
- Grilled Turkey Burgers
- Turkey Sausage Balls
- Baked Chicken Tenderloins
- Bisquick Sausage Balls with Cheese
Get the 3 Ingredient BBQ Sauce Recipe here
3 Ingredient BBQ Sauce
- medium bowl
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey (warmed honey is easier to mix)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
optional (spicy honey BBQ sauce)
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper paste
- Add all ingredients to a medium bowl. I recommend warming your honey to make it easier to measure and mix. Whisk until the sauce is smooth and the honey is completely mixed in with the ketchup (1-2 minutes).
- Store leftover honey BBQ sauce in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
1 thought on “3 Ingredient BBQ Sauce”
You MUST use Heinz if you use the ketchup version of this recipe! I may be a little bias, though🤔I grew up 30 minutes outside of Pittsburgh, Pa. Going into the city🌆, one of the highlights for me as a kid👧was seeing the huge red ‘Heinz’ sign, LOL😜! Thanks for sharing this recipe! I am going to make country ribs for dinner…if I ever get my butt off of the internet🤪