This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
This weekend is Super Bowl! It’s the biggest football game of the year. That calls for amazingly tasty game day food. This combination of easy appetizers with a slow-cooker entree will have your fans cheering. Plus, everything can be prepared ahead of time. That means you can spend more time with your guests and watching the big game. With this winning lineup of Super Bowl food, you’re sure to score a touchdown.
Super Bowl Appetizers Starting Line Up
The weather is usually a little chilly still during Super Bowl.
So this calls the ultimate in comfort eats and treats. And, I’m delivering with a tasty starting line up!
Loaded Tater Tots Appetizers
These loaded tater tot appetizers are nothing short of amazing. And they make a stunning display.
Roasted Jalapeno Poppers
These tasty bites are loaded with flavor and a kick of heat. And, they’re perfect for your low carb and keto party guests.
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Everyone’s favorite! And, they are so easy to make.
Game Day Shredded Beef Tacos
Score a winning play with these tacos! Set up a taco bar and let your fans create their own tacos.
Now that you’ve seen the starting line up, are you ready to start cooking? Warm ups are over and it’s game time!
Super Bowl Food Recipes
Loaded Tater Tot Appetizer Recipe
Roasted Jalapeno Poppers
- 12 large jalapeno peppers
- 6 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 6 ounces shredded smoked pepper Jack cheese or extra-sharp Cheddar
- 2 tablespoons of chopped green onion
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut 1/3 of each pepper off lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Place on a baking sheet. If peppers do not sit flat on the baking sheet, slice a thin piece off the bottom of the pepper so it will not roll around.
- Mash the cream cheese, shredded cheese, and onion together and stuff the peppers with the mixture. Roast for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the cheese is brown at the edges and bubbly.
Sweet & Sour Meatball Appetizers
- 36 Frozen Meatballs (I prefer the Kirkland ones from Costco)
- 1 bottle Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Prepare meatballs as instructed on the bag. Warm up sauce in the microwave for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, and pour over the meatballs before serving.
Pulled Beef Crock Pot Recipe
- Slow Cooker/Crock Pot
- 3-4 lb beef chuck roast (see notes for other cuts of roasts)
- 1½ cups hot water
- 3 tsp Better than Bouillon paste (can substitute bouillon and water for beef broth)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp all purpose seasoning like Montreal Steak Seasoning
- If time permits, season roast with Montreal Steak Seasoning liberally and let rest for one one hour before placing into slow cooker.
- Mix bouillon and hot water together and stir until disolved. Place roast beef into the pot of your slow cooker, add beef broth and seasoning. Cover with sliced onions. Cook roast in slow cooker for 3-4 hours on High setting or 6-8 hours on Low.
- After cooking, remove roast from slow cooker and to a platter. Separate it two forks. Return to the slow cooker if not serving right away, keeping it on warm setting.
Have a great time watching the big game!
Do you need more game day food? Check out these recipes for inspiration: https://thefeatherednester.com/spicy-italian-sliders-perfect-for-game-day/