As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost to you. See my disclosure policy here.
This quick and easy Bisquick Corn Bread recipe is made with just 5 simple pantry ingredients – no cornmeal or milk needed. It’s better than Jiffy boxed mix, and is loaded with creamed corn for a corny cornbread without cornmeal that the family will love. Plus, you can make it completely dairy-free if you like!
WHAT’S COVERED IN THIS POST
- Easy Homestyle Bisquick Corn Bread
- Cornbread without Cornmeal
- Ingredients You Need to Make Cornbread without Cornmeal
- How to Make Dairy-Free Cornbread
- Steps for Making Bisquick Corn Bread
- Get the Full Bisquick Corn Bread Recipe Below!
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Here’s the Best Corny Cornbread Recipe
Easy Homestyle Bisquick Corn Bread
If you don’t already know, I am about to share some great news with you: Bisquick is useful for so much more than just making yummy pancakes.
Today I am going to share a savory side dish recipe with you that uses Bisquick as an easy base…
Cornbread without Cornmeal
While I often I rely on Jiffy corn muffin mix to make cornbread, there are times when I don’t have any on hand. But I almost always have a box of Bisquick in the pantry, and canned creamed corn is a staple in our house.
And so I created this easy cornbread without cornmeal recipe using Bisquick and no cornmeal – and no milk! Plus, you can even make this as a completely dairy-free cornbread recipe with just one simple swap…
Ingredients You Need to Make Cornbread without Cornmeal
This easy and delicious Bisquick corn bread recipe has only 5 ingredients. You likely have most if not all of them in your pantry right now, in fact.
Here are the ingredients that are needed:
And, after making this amazing cornbread without cornmeal, I bet that a can of cream style corn will become a staple in your pantry, too!
How to Make Dairy-Free Cornbread
Contrary to popular belief, almost all cream style corn – also known as creamed corn – does not actually contain any dairy cream.
However, I do traditionally make this recipe with butter. You can make it non-dairy by substituting the butter for 1/2 cup of Crisco or Coconut oil. Simply melt the Crisco or Coconut oil and let cool before adding it to the mix for the best, easiest non-dairy cornbread.
Steps for Making Bisquick Corn Bread
This super easy corny cornbread recipe requires only 5 ingredients and is made in just 3 simple steps.
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a skillet or casserole dish.
- Then, combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl to make a thick, smooth batter.
- Lastly, bake for approximately 30 minutes until golden. A toothpick or knife inserted in the center should come out clean.
Get the Full Bisquick Corn Bread Recipe Below!
Serve with butter, or even with honey for a sweet and dairy-free cornbread treat.
What to serve with Bisquick Corn Bread
Enjoy rustic, sweet Bisquick corn bread as a comforting side for dinner. Serve this cornbread with:
- Smothered Crock Pot Chicken
- Instant Pot Lima Beans and Ham
- Buttermilk Brined Pork Chops
- Instant Pot Sour Cream Pork Chops
- Crock Pot Ham with Coke and Pineapple Glaze
Frequently Asked Questions
This Bisquick cornbread and corn muffins taste best when served freshly baked, but can be frozen in an airtight container or sealable plastic bag for up to three months. Thaw for 3 for 4 hours at room temperature before reheating. To reheat, wrap in aluminum foil and warm in a 350°F-oven until hot. Or, you can reheat muffins in the microwave. Cover with a damp paper towel and cook at 50% power for 30 to 45 seconds. Avoid overheating or the cornbread/muffins will get tough.
You can easily make it gluten-free by using Gluten-Free Bisquick. The box will have instructions on how to substitute the gluten-free version for regular Bisquick.
There are instructions in the recipe below to make this recipe into 12 Bisquick corn muffins.
Here’s the Best Corny Cornbread Recipe
- 8"- 9" Casserole dish or cast iron skillet
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled (1 stick)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (8.25 ounces) cream style corn (creamed corn)
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Lightly grease your casserole dish or cast iron skillet. Add all ingredients into a medium mixing bowl. Stir just until mixed. Pour into casserole dish or cast iron skillet.
- Bake at 350º for 30 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.