You know I love simple, satisfying recipes. Especially for a quick and tasty breakfast! Well, this is by far the ultimate Bisquick pancake recipe that’s easy to make using everyone’s favorite baking mix. So save pantry space with just one box for all your cooking needs, and enjoy the best, fluffiest, most melt-in-your-mouth pancakes with our foolproof steps and tips!
The Ultimate Bisquick Pancakes
These pancakes are not only light and fluffy, but they’re guaranteed to melt in your mouth. You can enjoy them with your favorite pancake toppings like butter and syrup. Or, they’re sweet and delicious enough to eat as-is practically right off of the griddle.
Although we’re big fans of the classic Bisquick pancake recipe on the box, I longed for a richer flavor and fluffier texture. After all, we have over 20 Bisquick recipes on TFN. So, we know this stuff has serious potential!
Well, there are no fancy tricks or special ingredients needed to make a stack of the best Bisquick pancakes! The ready-to-use baking mix has nearly everything you need.
So follow our simple tips and steps for making Bisquick pancakes the whole family will love!
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Bisquick baking mix – If you don’t have one on hand, check our recipe for homemade Bisquick mix.
- Sugar – Adds sweetness to the pancakes. You can use honey or maple syrup as a substitute.
- Baking powder – This is what gives them rise and fluffiness.
- Milk – Adds moisture and richness to the recipe. You can use any milk you prefer like, whole, skim, almond, or soy milk.
- Eggs – Acts as a binding agent and adds structure to our pancakes. You can also use mashed bananas or applesauce as a substitute.
See our recipe for eggless chocolate chip cookies to see how we use applesauce as a substitute for eggs!
- Maple extract – You can skip the maple extract or substitute it with vanilla extract. But the maple really does add a sweet, earthy flavor to the pancakes.
How to Make the Best Pancakes
Using a packaged baking mix cuts down on the number of ingredients you need to keep stocked. It also cuts down on prep time.
This ultimate pancake recipe only takes 15 minutes to whip up, from start to finish. So you can feed even the hungriest crowd on a busy morning in a flash!
Gather all of your ingredients and have them ready. Then follow these 3 simple steps for my Bisquick ultimate pancake recipe:
- First, lightly grease and preheat a griddle or get a skillet hot on the stovetop over medium-low heat.
- Then, use a whisk or fork to combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. It’s ok if there are some small lumps… For super fluffy pancakes, you want to be sure not to over-mix the batter. Once the batter starts to bubble a bit, it is ready to use.
- Now use a measuring scoop to pour the batter onto the hot griddle or skillet. Let the pancakes cook for 1-2 minutes undisturbed until the edges are dry and bubbles form on the tops.
Use a spatula to check the bottom for doneness, and flip when golden. Cook for another minute or two until light brown. You can flip the pancake back and forth until just right.
Serve the ultimate Bisquick pancakes warm with butter, syrup, fruit, or even cream cheese.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, and yes. Our Bisquick pancake recipe makes 8 pancakes, but you can halve the ingredients for 4 pancakes – which is just about perfect for two people.
Double the ingredients to make 16 Bisquick pancakes. This is a great idea to enjoy some now and freeze half for grabbing as quick weekday breakfasts.
One of the many reasons I prefer to make my own pancakes using Bisquick is that the mix itself is dairy-free, and several members of my family are lactose-intolerant. Feel free to use lactose-free milk and your favorite plant-based butter or cooking oil to make your own dairy-free Bisquick pancakes!
Cooled pancakes can be stored in an airtight container and kept in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. They’re perfect for those last-minute breakfast mornings!
Classic pancake toppings are room temperature butter and slightly warmed syrup. But you can also serve them with diced fresh fruit, like bananas and strawberries. Or top them with whipped cream and chocolate chips for a sweet breakfast treat.
Storing and Freezing Bisquick Pancakes
Stack cooled pancakes between sheets of waxed paper. Wrap the stack in aluminum foil and then pop it in the freezer. It’s as simple as that!
To reheat, remove the foil and cover the flapjacks with a damp paper towel. Microwave them on 50% heat in 30-second intervals.
Another option is to reheat them in an oven at 400ºF, for 5-7 minutes. Or, warm them in your toaster for a crisper exterior.
For Making the Ultimate Bisquick Pancakes
Ultimate Bisquick Pancakes
- electric griddle - or skillet
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix Homemade or Store Bought
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk any cow's milk, or dairy-free alternative
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- Lightly grease griddle or skillet with cooking oil. Heat griddle to 350°F, or heat skillet over medium-low heat.
- In medium bowl, stir all ingredients with whisk or fork until just blended. There may be some small lumps. Once the pancake mixture starts to bubble, it's ready to cook.
- Depending on the size of pancakes you prefer, use 1/4 to 1/3 cup of batter for each ultimate pancake. Cook about 1-2 minutes, until there are bubbles across the top and until edges are dry. Using a pancake turner, turn and cook other side until golden brown. Serve warm with butter and maple syrup.
Leave a Reply