Ready made dough is great to have on hand for just the right occasion. Pre-made dough lets you skip all the prep that comes with making yeast dough. And, with the frozen dough in the freezer, home-baked goods are easy. If you don’t already do this, you need to start! It’s so easy to pull out the ready dough and have it ready for dinner or breakfast with little effort. Keep reading to get the best recipes using frozen bread dough.
WHAT’S COVERED IN THIS POST
We’ve come to love the convenience and reliability that ready-made dough offers. By keeping frozen bread dough and rolls in your freezer, you always have some on hand, especially during the holidays. Pull out just a few rolls at a time to have fresh bread rolls (or even a loaf of freshly baked bread) for dinner.
What to make with Ready Made dough
There are so many creative uses for dough from the freezer that you may not have thought about. It’s great to use for casseroles, braided bread, breakfast sandwiches, desserts, bowls for soups, easy cinnamon rolls or sticky buns, monkey bread, pizza dough, and good, old-fashioned dinner rolls.
Learn how to easily thaw frozen dough and rolls in this post.
Frozen Bread Dough Recipes Savory
Let’s start with savory recipes using frozen bread dough. You can use savory bread recipes for sides, appetizers, lunch, or dinner.
There are so many great ways to make them savory including cooking with these ingredients:
- Deli meats
- Marinara sauce
Here are some super easy recipes that use ready made bread dough:
Frozen Bread Dough Recipes Sweet
Baking sweetbreads is one of the most satisfyingly delicious ways to use this dough. Some uses for them are breakfast, snack, lunch, or dessert.
Here are some ingredients you can use to make them:
- Cream cheese
- Brown sugar
- Melted butter
- Cinnamon sugar
Here are some amazing recipe ideas for using ready made dough:
Pre-made bread dough FAQ’s
If the bread is already cooked and then frozen, simply thaw the bread and then slice and eat it or you can use it in another dish. A great example is the Pumpkin Shaped Bread Bowl shown above. Just hollow out the middle, ladle in some soup, and you’ve got a meal.
The fastest way to thaw it is to let it sit, covered, on the counter for a few hours until it has risen and is at room temperature. If you won’t be using it for longer than 3 hours, wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge.
If you let the dough rise longer than a few hours on the counter, it will become warm and over rise . After that, it won’t bake correctly. You can leave it in the fridge for up to 48 hours, so there’s little risk of letting it rise too long there.
newest recipeS from frozen Loaf Bread dough!
Pizza from Frozen Bread Dough
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough (there are 3 loaves in a bag)
- 1 cup pre-made pizza sauce
- 2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella
- 2 cups pepperoni, salami, diced ham or chicken, pineapple, onions,
- 2 Tbsp fresh herbs basil, thyme, rosemary
Thaw frozen dough
- Let dough thaw overnight in the refrigerator (see here for other ways to thaw frozen dough). Pull it out and set it out on a counter for 30 minutes up a few hours before making pizza. When you’re ready to shape and bake the pizza, preheat the oven to 450ºF.
Shape and stretch the dough
- Divide the pre-made pizza dough into two. Shape each half into a ball. Use a floured rolling pin to shape the dough into a round crust. Or, shape it by hand by stretching it with your upturned hands to pull the dough from underneath in an outward motion.
- When the crust is the desired size, transfer it to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and a light drizzle of olive oil.
Pre-bake the crust
- Bake the bare pizza dough in the oven at 450ºF for 5 minutes. While it is baking, prepare your toppings.
- Once the dough is ready, take it out and preheat the oven to 500ºF. Add the sauce, dried herbs, cheese, and other toppings to the pizza crust, leaving a 1" edge around. Brush olive oil around the outer crust of the dough, then lightly sprinkle the edges with salt.
- Bake the pizza at 500º F for 7-10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the edges of the crust are golden. Let the pizza cool for a few minutes before adding fresh herbs, then slice and serve.
If you are looking for frozen, ready made dough or rolls, my favorite brand to use is Bridgford. Another popular brand is Rhodes Bake N Serve. Look for these brands at your local grocery store or Wal-mart locations.