If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. See my disclosure policy here.
These slow cooker teriyaki ribs are a truly easy “set it and forget it” recipe, perfect for those busy weekdays and weekends when you just need dinner ready to serve at the end of the day. Prep them in minutes, place the baby back ribs in the Crock Pot, brush on the sauce, and press start. Hours later, this tender, tasty, pork meal is ready to serve.Jump to Recipe
Recipe Ingredients and Equipment
- Pork baby back ribs (see my recommendation below)
- Teriyaki sauce
- Balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
Add your favorite sauce to supplement the teriyaki sauce or use a completely different sauce. We like to change things up by adding a little BBQ sauce.
Tips for tender baby back ribs
- Look for ribs marked “extra meaty.” These larger baby back ribs hold up better during slow cooking in the Crock Pot. These Smithfield ribs are my favorite meaty pork ribs.
- Remove the thin membrane on the underside of the rack of ribs (see photos and tips below).
- Undercooking and overcooking pork ribs will leave you with tough or dry meat. Check both the temperature of the pork and test the meat for tenderness.
Here is how to easily remove the membranes from the underside of the teriyaki ribs:
- Turn the slab over so that the bones are face up. Using a sharp paring knife, separate the membrane from the rib bones, as shown above.
2. To strip the membrane from the teriyaki pork ribs, grasp the membranes with a paper towel and pull it from the bones as shown above and below.
This process takes a little practice, but once you have done it a few times, it will take 1-2 minutes.
Removing the rib membranes allows for the seasoning to permeate both sides of the meat, providing more flavoring.
How to Prepare Ribs for Slow Cooking
This set it and forget it recipe has just a few simple steps!
- Cut the slab of pork ribs to fit inside your slow cooker (this is the one I use). Then, brush with teriyaki sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Set the slow cooker to low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Add balsamic vinegar and garlic, and thicken the sauce before serving.
Get the recipe below to make the easiest, tastiest teriyaki ribs!
Easy Slow Cooker Teriyaki Ribs Recipe
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Ribs
- 1 rack/slab baby back ribs (about 2.5 lbs)
- 2/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- Sprinkle ribs lightly with pepper, place in crockpot, and brush with 1/3 cup of teriyaki sauce generously to ensure that the ribs are coated on both sides with sauce.
- Cover with the lid and turn on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours. Internal temperature should be 145ºF.
- Remove from crockpot, cover with foil, and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- While the ribs are resting, add vinegar, garlic, and remaining 1/3 cup of teriyaki sauce to the juices in the bottom of the crockpot. For a really rich sauce, add 1/3 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce. Turn crockpot to high setting and allow to simmer until thickened, about 5-10 minutes.
- Brush thickened sauce from crockpot onto the ribs, and serve warm.