As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost to you. See my disclosure policy here.
It doesn’t get any better than this easy Instant Pot turkey breast tenderloin with potatoes and gravy recipe. Using a pressure cooker ensures a perfectly juicy and tender turkey roast every time. Cook everything – the turkey, potatoes, and gravy – in just one pot! This turkey tenderloin Instant Pot recipe makes a complete meal that’s ready to enjoy in under an hour. And with this boneless skinless turkey breast tenderloin recipe you will serve an easy dinner that everyone loves!
Table of contents
- What Is Turkey Tenderloin?
- Ingredients for This IP Turkey Tenderloin With Potatoes and Gravy Recipe
- How to Make the Best Instant Pot Turkey Breast Tenderloin
- Frequently Asked Questions
- The Best Turkey Breast Tenderloin IP Recipe
- You’ll Love These Easy Chicken and Turkey Recipes
What Is Turkey Tenderloin?
Turkey tenderloin is a thick section of meat that’s cut from between the bird’s breasts. Because it is an area that doesn’t get much of a workout, the tenderloin is known for being wonderfully tender.
WHat is the Difference Between Turkey Tenderloin VS Turkey Breast?
The tenderloin is attached to the breasts but is technically not the same as what we know as turkey breast.
The breasts can be a bit on the tougher side, while the tenderloin stays soft and is great to cook with nearly any method.
Check out our easy turkey tenderloin recipes! Skip the pressure cooker and roast them in the oven with our Oven Roasted Turkey Tenderloin recipe.
Ingredients for This IP Turkey Tenderloin With Potatoes and Gravy Recipe
For the Turkey Breast Tenderloin
- Turkey tenderloins – I love Jennie O turkey!
- All-purpose seasoning
- Olive oil
You can find Jennie O turkey tenderloin year-round at Walmart stores (where I get mine) or at most grocery stores and retailers in the fall. Most packages contain 2 turkey breast tenderloins that weigh about 1 1/2 pounds (or 24 ounces).
For the Potatoes
- Chicken broth
- Potatoes – Russet, Red, or Yukon Gold
- Milk, half and half, or cream
- Garlic butter
- Salt and pepper
For the Gravy
- Cold water
How to Make the Best Instant Pot Turkey Breast Tenderloin
MAKE THE INSTANT POT TURKEY TENDERLOINS And Potatoes
First, sear the turkey breast tenderloins in the pressure cooker. Set the pot to sauté and add olive oil. Rub the tenderloins with the seasoning.
Cook the turkey on all sides so that each piece is evenly browned.
Meanwhile, prep the potatoes by peeling (if desired) and cutting them into 3″ cubes.
When the turkey has seared and is caramelized, remove it from the pot and transfer it to a plate. Deglaze the pan with the broth, and then turn off the sauté function.
Add the potatoes to the Instant Pot and top with the tenderloins.
Seal the lid and pressure cook on high for 8 minutes.
Do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes before opening the valve completely for a quick pressure release.
Transfer the cooked turkey breast tenderloins to a clean platter. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm while you mash the potatoes.
Make IP Mashed Potatoes
Add the milk, butter, and seasonings. Mash with a potato masher, or hand mixer, until the potatoes are the consistency you like.
Cover the bowl with foil, and move on to making the gravy.
Make Turkey Gravy In The Instant Pot
Now set the Instant Pot to sauté on HIGH. Mix the corn starch and cold water together in a cup. Whisk this mixture into the broth until smooth.
Continue to whisk as the gravy gets thick and bubbly. When it reaches the thickness you like, carefully ladle the gravy into a serving dish and turn off the IP.
Serve with roasted or sauteed green beans, Brussels sprouts, carrots, or other hearty vegetables you love. Another side that’s perfect for Instant Pot turkey tenderloins is Sourdough Stuffing. And, of course, no dinner table is complete without Bisquick drop biscuits or easy 3 ingredient biscuits, and an apple cobbler.
Frequently Asked Questions
The temperature should be at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Check for doneness by inserting a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the tenderloin breast.
The meat should rest for at least 10 minutes after pressure cooking before it’s cut. This lets the juices redistribute and keeps the turkey nice and juicy. Once rested, slice the tenderloin into 1-inch sections. I love to serve turkey and chicken on a platter with a sprig of fresh rosemary.
Tender turkey, creamy mashed potatoes, and savory gravy are basically a meal in themselves. However, there are a lot of veggie sides that are great to prepare for a completely well-balanced dinner. Serve with roasted or sauteed green beans, Brussels sprouts, carrots, or other hearty vegetables you love. Another side that’s perfect for Instant Pot turkey tenderloins is Sourdough Stuffing. And, of course, no dinner table is complete without Bisquick drop biscuits or easy 3 ingredient biscuits, and an apple cobbler.
Leftovers will last for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Let everything cool completely and transfer to individual airtight containers before placing them in the fridge.
The Best Turkey Breast Tenderloin IP Recipe
Instant Pot Turkey Tenderloin with Potatoes and Gravy
For the Turkey Tenderloins
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (about 1½ pounds)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose seasoning
- 2 Ttablespoons olive oil
For the Mashed Potatoes
- 6 potatoes (Russett, Red, or Yukon Gold), cut into 3" quarters (peeling is optional)
- 3 cups chicken broth or stock, low sodium
- 1/3 cup milk, half and half, or cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the gravy
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
For the Turkey and Potatoes:
- Set Instant Pot to sauté mode by pushing the sauté button. Add olive oil. Rub all-purpose seasoning over all sides of the turkey tenderloins.
- When the pot is ready, brown each tenderloin on all sides, until lightly golden. This takes about 3-4 minutes. While the turkey is searing, prepare the potatoes.
- Remove the breast tenderloins and let rest on a plate. Add the broth to the pot and stir to deglaze the pan.
- Press the cancel button. Add potatoes to the bottom of the pot and place the turkey tenderloins on top. Twist on the Instant Pot lid, turn the pressure lever to seal (if needed), then press the high-pressure button and set for 8 minutes.
- When pressure cooking is complete, do a natural release for 10 minutes (let the pot rest undisturbed), then perform a quick release (turn or depress the pressure valve).
- Transfer turkey to a serving platter and cover loosely with foil.
Mash the Potatoes:
- Using a slotted spoon, add the potatoes to a large mixing bowl. Add milk/cream, butter, and seasoning. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or hand mixer. Cover with foil or a lid.
Make the gravy:
- Press the sauté button until it says HIGH. In a cup, mix the corn starch and cold water. Using a whisk, stir the mixture with the broth until smooth. Continue stirring until the gravy is thick and bubbly.
- Slice tenderloin breasts into 1" slices before serving. Drizzle gravy over. Add a sprig of rosemary to the serving platter for garnish.