This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Your whole family will love this easy, simple lasagna soup that tastes like you spent all day cooking it. It has all the goodness of traditional lasagna in soup form which is perfect for cozy dinners at home. Thanks to the pressure cooker, it is ready in minutes. Plus, this Instant Pot lasagna soup recipe is lower in calories, carbs, and fat. Everything is goes straight into one pot (including the pasta) making this an effortless meal with minimal cleanup. Make this perfect weeknight lasagna soup for dinner tonight.
One of the things I like best about the Instant Pot is it’s just one pot. It turns almost any meal into a one pot meal. And, that a means clean up is effortless and minimal.
And, this Instant Pot Lasagna Soup recipe is no exception:
- The meat and veggies are sautéed first.
- Then, everything but the cheese goes right into the pot.
It’s one of my most used kitchen appliances, especially in the summer. I just love my Instant Pot.
Even after three years, I’m still amazed how well it performs.
Cooking Pasta in the Instant Pot
Thanks to a short cooking cycle, the pasta is cooked right in with the soup. And, it doesn’t come out soggy.
You can easily make substitutions or additions to this Instant Pot recipe. For example, sneak in some hidden veggies like chopped zucchini or squash. Picky eaters and your kids will never even notice. And, don’t be afraid of using chicken or turkey sausage.
How to Make this Simple Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- Start with your Instant Pot in the sauté mode. Brown the ground beef or sausage, onions, and bell pepper. This takes about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir, sautéing until fragrant.
- Then, everything but the cheese goes into the Instant Pot. Add the tomatoes and sauce, broth, water, seasonings, and pasta.
TFN TIP: To speed things up, preheat your water and the broth in a microwave oven until they are hot. I do this while the the sausage and onions mixture is browning. It allows the Instant Pot to come to pressure faster.
- Next, pressure cook the lasagna soup. Secure the lid, twist the pressure release valve, and set at high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Let the lasagna soup naturally release for at least 10 minutes before doing a quick release. After it’s safe to open, lift the lid away from you to avoid the steam.
- Drop in the ricotta cheese and stir to let it melt. Top with parmesan cheese, then serve.
Get the Recipe and See the Video below
See how easy Instant Pot Lasagna Soup is to make in this video:
Get the Best Lasagna Soup Recipe:
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage or ground beef**
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 16 oz. can tomato sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth or stock
- 2 cups water (using hot water helps the Instant Pot heat up faster)
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, broken into chunks (for best results, don't use gluten-free pasta)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 ½ Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 oz. ricotta cheese
- Using the “sauté” mode on the Instant Pot, add sausage and onion. Cook, stirring frequently until sausage is cooked through and onion is soft. About 5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and sauté, stirring, for about 1 minute.
- The add tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, water, seasonings, and broken noodles. Gently stir together. Do not fill the instant pot past the “max” line.
- Secure the lid of the Instant pot and seal the pressure valve.
- Press the “manual” button with “high pressure” and set time for 4 minutes.
- Once pressure cycle is done, let it sit for ten minutes with a natural pressure release. After ten minutes, twist the steam valve to “vent” and allow it to quickly release pressure.
- Carefully open instant pot. Drop in the ricotta cheese into the soup and let it melt in as you stir.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
How easy is that?
This Instant Pot Lasagna Soup is a guaranteed family favorite! Everyone will not only clean their bowl, but they will want seconds.
Get My Instant Pot Recommendations
Shop my favorite baking supplies and household items at www.amazon.com/shop/thefeatherednester
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Subscribe to my blog to learn about new recipes, giveaways, and what’s happening on the blog.