This is the Instant Pot recipe that your family will LOVE! Instant Pot Lasagna Soup has all the goodness of traditional lasagna, in soup form. But, it’s a lot easier to make! Lasagna Soup has all the same delicious taste. And, it is lower in calories, carbs, and fat. Everything is made right in the Instant Pot. Including the pasta. Make this perfect weeknight soup for dinner tonight.
One of the things I like best about the Instant Pot is it’s one pot. Literally everything I make in it is a one pot meal.
And, this Instant Pot Lasagna Soup is no exception:
- The meat and veggies are sautéed first.
- Then, everything but the cheese goes right into the pot.
It’s one of my most used kitchen appliances, especially in the summer. I just love my Instant Pot.
Even after two years, I’m still amazed how well it performs.
Cooking Pasta in the Instant Pot
Thanks to a short cooking cycle, the pasta is cooked right in with the soup. And, it doesn’t come out soggy.
You can easily make substitutions or additions to this Instant Pot recipe. For example, to add more nutrition, sneak in some hidden veggies. I recommend chopped zucchini or squash.
And, don’t be afraid of using a lower fat sausage, such as chicken or turkey sausage. I do it all the time to cut back on the fat and calories.
How to Make Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- Start with your Instant Pot in the sauté mode. Brown the ground beef or sausage, onions, and bell pepper. This takes about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir, sautéing until fragrant.
- Then, everything but the cheese goes into the Instant Pot. Add the tomatoes and sauce, broth, water, seasonings, and pasta.
TFN TIP: To speed things up, preheat your water and the broth in a microwave oven until they are hot. I do this while the the sausage and onions mixture is browning. It allows the Instant Pot to come to pressure faster.
- Next, pressure cook the lasagna soup. Secure the lid, twist the pressure release valve, and set at high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Let the lasagna soup naturally release for at least 10 minutes before doing a quick release. After it’s safe to open, lift the lid away from you to avoid the steam.
- Drop in the ricotta cheese and stir to let it melt. Top with parmesan cheese, then serve.
Get the Recipe and See the Video below
Watch this Instant Pot Lasagna Soup to see how easy it is:
Get the Recipe
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
This Instant Pot Lasagna Soup is nothing short of amazing. Everything cooks right in the Instant Pot, even the pasta. It is truly a one pot meal!
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage or ground beef**
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 16 oz. can tomato sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth or stock
- 2 cups water (using hot water helps the Instant Pot heat up faster)
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, broken into chunks (for best results, don't use gluten-free pasta)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 ½ Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 oz. ricotta cheese
Using the “sauté” mode on the Instant Pot, add sausage and onion. Cook, stirring frequently until sausage is cooked through and onion is soft. About 5 minutes.
Add minced garlic and sauté, stirring, for about 1 minute.
The add tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, water, seasonings, and broken noodles. Gently stir together. Do not fill the instant pot past the “max” line.
Secure the lid of the Instant pot and seal the pressure valve.
Press the “manual” button with “high pressure” and set time for 4 minutes.
Once pressure cycle is done, let it sit for ten minutes with a natural pressure release. After ten minutes, twist the steam valve to “vent” and allow it to quickly release pressure.
Carefully open instant pot. Drop in the ricotta cheese into the soup and let it melt in as you stir.
Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
** Nutritional facts based on using Italian Sausage. 1 serving = 1.5 cups of soup
How easy is that?
This Instant Pot Lasagna Soup is a guaranteed family favorite! Everyone will not only clean their bowl, but they will want seconds.
My Instant Pot Recommendations
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Shop my favorite baking supplies and household items at www.amazon.com/shop/thefeatherednester
Subscribe to my blog to learn about new recipes, giveaways, and what’s happening on the blog.