A few weeks ago, I was asked to participate in a recipe challenge using Chateau Dumplings. Chateau brand makes a variety of frozen bread and potato dumplings. Today we will be using mini-potato dumplings to make an easy and delicious chicken stew!
This post is brought to you by Chateau Foods.
Although we were making a cross-country road trip during the challenge, I had Chateau ship the potato dumplings ahead to Michigan. The Chateau Mini-Dumplings arrived at my sister-in-law’s home, frozen in the dry ice they’d been shipped with.
Possibly the real challenge was creating a worthy meal in my small hotel kitchen. Fortunately, our hotel was only a month old, and the kitchen had all the tools I needed, including a two-burner cooktop, pots and pans, a full-size refrigerator, and even a small dishwasher!
Content Covered Here
Ingredients for Chicken Stew with Dumplings
- Onion (yellow or white)
- Peas, frozen
- Green beans, frozen
- Chicken stock
- Rotisserie or cooked chicken
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Bay leaf
- Chateau Mini-Potato Dumplings
Why We Love Chicken Stew with Potato Dumplings
Our favorite meals are typically classic, comfort foods. Things like homemade macaroni and cheese or lasagna. But, we realize the importance of eating healthier, and including more vegetables into the diet.
That’s what makes this recipe ideal! It incorporates the best of both: a hearty chicken stew with an abundance of vegetables, and tasty, comforting dumplings.
Sauté onions, carrots, and celery, before adding the frozen peas, green beans, and flour.
The stew is ready and simmering while the dumplings boil.
The potato dumplings have floated to the top of the water and are almost ready to be added to the chicken stew.
And in less than 30 minutes, it’s ready to serve!
I loved how convenient it was using frozen Chateau Dumplings in this recipe. And, they were delicious. My husband and I both loved them.
Hearty Chicken Stew with Chateau Dumplings
- 6 quart stockpot or Dutch oven
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup frozen green beans
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 ½ pounds chicken, cooked and shredded pre-cooked rotisserie or frozen works well
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bag (24 ounces) 24 oz Chateau Mini-Potato Dumplings
- Using an 6 quart or larger heavy-bottomed stock pot or Dutch oven, melt butter. Add vegetables and sauté for 5-7 minutes. Sprinkle flour over the vegetables and stir, cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken, stock, spices, and water and bring to a boil (about 10 minutes).
- Follow directions for cooking potato dumplings. Add to chicken stew and cook for 5 more minutes.
Get more easy One PAn Dinners
- Pan seared Chicken Breasts
- Instant Pot Chicken Tenderloin
- Crock Pot Smothered Chicken
- Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs with Veggies
Did you know you can easily leave a comment below? I love hearing about how your recipes turn out and I’m always happy to answer any questions you might have!